News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Travel Times Coming to Schuylkill Expressway

Started by PAHighways, September 23, 2009, 10:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAHighways

Motorists stuck on the Schuylkill will be able to find out travel times beginning September 30. Thirteen dynamic message signs in Philadelphia and
Montgomery County on I-76, I-476, and US 1 will display times between major interchanges.

Highway Message Signs to Display Time, Distance on I-76 in Philadelphia and Montgomery County

mightyace

It's about time Philly joins the 21st century.  :clap:
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

rickmastfan67

Chris

I always wonder how accurate those travel times are. Traffic congestion is not static, and changes while you're driving. Especially with full gridlocks, travel times I see in the Netherlands are highly inaccurate, often underrated. The delay displayed is "32 minutes", while people are 1.5 hours late for work.

Truvelo

The signs over here never give times lower than what can be obtained by driving at the speed limit. They usually show something like 70 MILES 65 MINUTES so when I do 90mph at night I can always knock about 20 minutes off that time :colorful:
Speed limits limit life

mightyace

Quote from: Truvelo on September 24, 2009, 12:29:24 PM
The signs over here never give times lower than what can be obtained by driving at the speed limit. They usually show something like 70 MILES 65 MINUTES so when I do 90mph at night I can always knock about 20 minutes off that time :colorful:

When I was in Atlanta, I noticed that some of the travel times listed on the signs would require travel faster than the posted speed limit.  (Though not by much.)  This was definitely a surprise to me.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Chris

^^ Probably based on actual traffic speed. If they monitor traffic by license plates, or local speeds, the travel times can be higher than the posted limit.

WISFreeways

Just double-decker it with express lanes and transfer lanes every 2 miles. Who cares about the money? That highway is chronically congested and really needs a rebuild   :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
2009-era me chose this generic username...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.