From the route56.com Gallery

Started by route56, May 04, 2011, 03:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

route56

Central Kansas, 23 May,2001:

Some things have changed: US 50B in Ottawa was actually removed soon after this roadtrip, and now US 59 no longer goes through here. K-57 was truncated to K-4 near Dwight, so the K-57 sign at the K-4/K-177 junction is gone. The I-35/US 50 interchange has been completely altered, so there's no longer a left exit for US 50 West. I'm sure the Texaco station is either Shell or bp.

Peace to you, and... don't drive like my brother.

R.P.K.

Quillz

Real nice pictures. I've always liked Kansas route shields.

US71

Is that Standard sign still around or did it get replaced by BP?
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

route56

First Half of a two-day roadtrip out to Hays, America.

R.P.K.

agentsteel53

yep, lots of '57 spec interstate route markers in Hays.

please tell me that the old CITY 40 green sign still exists.  it dates back to about 1962, and I photographed it in Jan 2010 and I hope it is still there.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

route56

Quote from: agentsteel53 on May 21, 2011, 12:11:18 AM
please tell me that the old CITY 40 green sign still exists.  it dates back to about 1962, and I photographed it in Jan 2010 and I hope it is still there.

I took those pictures in August 2003. I was unaware of the "CITY 40" signs and do not have any pictures of them myself.

The two Standard Stations have long since been buzzsawed by bp, and K-274 was reverted to a county road.

Second Gallery coming up.

R.P.K.

route56

Second Half of the 2003 trip to Hays...

K-231 was turned back to Russell County and, ironically, I haven't gotten around to getting the EAST end of K-18 or, for that matter, K-9.

R.P.K.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.