News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

August 2011 Tulsa I-44 update (4 photos)

Started by BigOkie, August 28, 2011, 03:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigOkie

Looks as if the monotube signs are nearly all in place.  There are still some components on the westbound side that appear as if they are still installing some.

Scott5114

I saw a few of those when I was coming down from Kansas City via Joplin a month back or so. We have some of the monotubes down here in Norman and I don't care for them much. They just feel too flimsy.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

BigOkie

Quote from: Scott5114 on August 29, 2011, 03:51:50 PM
I saw a few of those when I was coming down from Kansas City via Joplin a month back or so. We have some of the monotubes down here in Norman and I don't care for them much. They just feel too flimsy.

Maybe it's subjective; they look more sturdy to my eye.  I also used to think the box truss design was an eyesore.  This appeals to the minimalist in me.  Plus, it makes it difficult for bored teenagers to scale the signs and tag them, which was becoming a little bit of a problem in the recent past here.

Scott5114

Oklahoma's particular truss design was pretty beefy, yes. I prefer the MO and KS truss designs to OK's, but I dunno, monotubes just look like the sign's about to drop off it at any moment or something. (Maybe it's just my experience with trying to glue cardboard to toothpicks to create gantries when I was a kid...)
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

bugo

I-44 is now fully open to 6 lanes of traffic (and 8 lanes in between interchanges) from just west of Harvard all the way to OK 51.  It has been open for a couple of months now.

There is also a monotube sign on the BA heading westbound.  I think it's for Garnett, but don't quote me on that.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.