Nassau County route log now at Empire State Roads!

Started by empirestate, December 05, 2011, 10:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

empirestate

Holy Moses! I thought it was an insurmountable task, but I've finally completed the Nassau County route listing at Empire State Roads .com.  :coffee:

Here you'll find all the dirt on this most elusive of county road systems, including the remnants of the old pre-1970s numbered route system as well as the weird new alpha-numeric scheme currently being used (and for all I know, assigned by NYSDOT for its own record-keeping purposes). There is even a list of recently-decommissioned CR's, up to the most recent maintenance transfer with the Village of Freeport.

Included as a bonus with this update are a series of NYSDOT topo maps to which I've added all of the CR numbers (and crossed out the ones that have since been dumped onto other municipalities).

With that beast out of the way, it should be relative cake to complete the remaining pages in the series. At least until I become busy again...

So happy holidays, roads scholars–and remember, you read it here first on Empire State Roads!

http://www.empirestateroads.com/cr/crnassau.html

Alps

I'll link that right up from my Nassau page. Good work!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.