News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

More Ohio Route signing: Classic edition

Started by Hot Rod Hootenanny, May 19, 2010, 05:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Here's a couple of route numbers that (far as I know) never made it from paper to real life...

Look to the right of the I-471 shield. Is that an I-171 shield?  The map is from a 1965 Ohio Dept. of Hwys (forerunner of ODOT) document.

Then there's this...

To the left of where you see "CANTON see Detail" there is a I-77W shield along the routing of US 21 (which is at expressway standards to this day)
There is also a I-71E shield along the routing of (modern) I-271, while there is an I-271 shield along the routing of US 224 (and I-80S/76)
This is from an 1962 ODH map (I believe) of planned construction projects. Of course having access to the detail maps of Cleveland, Akron, and Canton would be nice, but the map that I copied was filed in a box of random maps so I don't know where the corresponding maps would be.

Both maps are located at the (Ohio) State Library
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Alps

I-171 looks like it's on the KY side of the river, perhaps if development ever took root there.

TheStranger

Quote from: AlpsROADS on May 24, 2010, 07:25:20 PM
I-171 looks like it's on the KY side of the river, perhaps if development ever took root there.

Hard to tell given how many dots clutter that map, but could 171 also be referring to US 50 along the waterfront?
Chris Sampang

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.