News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

END signs

Started by Inyomono395, February 08, 2017, 09:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wanderer2575

Quote from: paulthemapguy on March 10, 2018, 11:58:34 AM
The Leelenau Peninsula, comprising Leelenau County, has M-201 protruding northward toward Leelenau State Park, at the north end and home to a lighthouse.

And to complement that, here's M-201's southern terminus at M-22 in Northport.  M-22 basically does a 180-degree turn here on its way around the peninsula, so either way you go is southbound.

MNHighwayMan

Day two of camping trip: added three more ENDs.

South END of MN-38 in Grand Rapids

East END of MN-286 in Marcell. The West end of this short highway did not have an END sign.

And unsurprisingly, I'll follow that with the north END of MN-38 in Effie.

TheHighwayMan394 already posted the ENDs of MN-38, but the links in the thread appear to be dead so I'll post my own versions.

froggie

^ Of note, a 3-digit-sized shield for MN 286.

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: froggie on July 18, 2018, 11:09:53 AM
^ Of note, a 3-digit-sized shield for MN 286.

Indeed. I'm guessing a resigning project had been done on 286 last year, since just about every sign had a black MnDOT 17 sticker on the back.

Now for some ENDs from day three of my trip... Just kidding, I took today off, after having spent almost 1000 miles behind the wheel driving up here and getting the previous shots upthread.

However, here's the west end of MN-62 from day zero, aka the drive up here.

MNHighwayMan

Now onto day four of my trip, and despite the threat of rain, I went out anyway. Managed to mostly dodge the rain by being in transit to my stops while it fell. Anyway, onto the part you actually came here for.

Starting with the END actually closest to where I'm staying: the north END of MN-84.

Then south to the east END of MN-87

The south end of MN-84 lacks an END sign, so I went north to Walker, and captured the east END of MN-34. Bonus END of the Lake Country Scenic Byway.

Finally, finished off what was left of MN-371 by driving to US-2 in Cass Lake. The signs on the mast arms looked pretty new.

US 89

END US 40 at Silver Creek Junction, Utah. The 189 sign is new in the past six months:

And here's the north end of UT 273, in Kaysville:

CGPerry

Here's one from Denio, Nevada, on the Oregon border.

froggie

^^^ Depending on how much of 84 you took, you would have passed right by the entrance to my grandfather's cabin (now my uncle's retirement home).

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: froggie on July 21, 2018, 01:09:29 PM
^^^ Depending on how much of 84 you took, you would have passed right by the entrance to my grandfather's cabin (now my uncle's retirement home).

I clinched the whole thing, so I sure did. :biggrin:

Didn't really take any pictures yesterday due to visiting family, but I captured a couple more ENDs today, the last day of my trip. :-( May manage to make a few stops on the way back to Des Moines tomorrow, but we'll see.

First off, the southeast END of the oddly-numbered MN-197:

Drove it through Bemidji, found no END sign at the northwest end, then more thoroughly checked out the revised US-2 and MN-89 junction. (Drove through on 2 on the first day, but didn't stop due to my higher priorities.) Here's the END MN-89 sign:

MNHighwayMan

Finally back, and I'm going to bump this thread one last time (for now) with an image I took not on today's drive back, but rather on the drive north a week ago. I was reminded of it when I drove past it again today. :-D

The south END of MN-6, east of Brainerd, northwest of Garrison, and a handful of miles from Mille Lacs Lake.

ErmineNotyours

End signs are rare in Washington, though they used to be more popular.  Here's one in Bremerton that's posted right on the pre-stressed concrete rib of the SR 3 overpass.

End 310 Sign, Bremerton, WA by Arthur Allen, on Flickr

Edit: that's the last time I trust spelling suggestions sight-unseen.

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: froggie on July 21, 2018, 01:09:29 PM

Interesting, as my own grandfather's cabin was very close to MN 84 (on Lake Wabedo).
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

jmd41280

South end of WV 24 in Silver Lake

Southern end of WV 24 at US 219 in Silver Lake by Jon Dawson, on Flickr

North end of WV 32 in Thomas

WV 32 north end at US 219 and US 48 west by Jon Dawson, on Flickr

North end of WV 90 in Gormania

WV 90 north end at US 50 in Gormania by Jon Dawson, on Flickr

"Increase the Flash Gordon noise and put more science stuff around!"

Max Rockatansky

CA 202 End:

202CAend by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

CA 58 Business End:

IMG_9278 by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

paulthemapguy

The south end of I-380

IMG_6005 by Paul Drives, on Flickr

The south end of MN-23

280 MN-23 by Paul Drives, on Flickr

The north end of SD-53; US83 continues north from here to Pierre.

IMG_5838 by Paul Drives, on Flickr

I was excited to find this--a northern end of US189 in Jackson, WY.  I didn't think the end was marked based on GSV.

264 US189 by Paul Drives, on Flickr
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

US 89

GA 400, in Atlanta:

formulanone

^ Here's what it looked like back in the last days of 400 being a toll road:

Max Rockatansky

NV 28 End

50USbegin by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

CA 174 End

174CAend by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

CA 267 End

267CAend by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

Bruce

Washington State Route 527 in Everett:

US 89

A few from Utah:

SR-198 in Spanish Fork (and note the old-style beehive. I wish they still made them like that):

SR-77 on the Lake Shore-Benjamin line (note the ugly beehive):

SR-176 on the Vineyard-Orem line:

SR-241 on the Lindon-Orem line (what is it with these highways running down city lines?):

plain

VA 143 ends ahead

SM-S820L

Newark born, Richmond bred

MNHighwayMan

Three different END markers, all of the same route: Iowa 117.

First, the old north END at an at-grade intersection with US-65/IA-330, from March 2017.

The new north END, now at the newly-opened interchange with those routes, from yesterday.

The south end at IA-163 in Prairie City. April 2017.

Max Rockatansky

US71

Arlington, TN

Byhalia, MS

Dalton, OH

Keysers Ridge, MD

East of Marshall, IL
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

formulanone

Peel Regional Route 1's ENDS sign in Mississauga, near QEW:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.