Regional Boards > Northeast

Addresses in New England - what's the highest you've seen? Any 5-digit ones?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ted$8roadFan:
Many four-digit address numbers.  I’ve not seen any five-digit ones in New England, but they could exist.

Rothman:

--- Quote from: Ted$8roadFan on July 22, 2022, 06:02:15 AM ---Many four-digit address numbers.  I’ve not seen any five-digit ones in New England, but they could exist.

--- End quote ---
CT would be the best bet for any five-numbered addresses...if they exist at all.

bjcolby50:
I know that in Boston, the highest address number is 5343, which is the last house on Washington Street before the Boston/Dedham line.  The next highest is Centre St (2675), followed by Dorchester Avenue (2297), Commonwealth Avenue (2129), Columbus Avenue (2056), Hyde Park Avenue (1932), River Street (1916), Columbia Road (1860), Blue Hill Avenue (1665), and Tremont St (1641).

I think Fall River has the highest address number at North Main St (5500), and New Bedford with Acushnet Avenue (4667).

yakra:
2065 Washington Ave, Portland

dantheman:
5985 State Highway, Eastham, MA

I tripped across this yesterday, and didn't expect anything on Cape Cod to be in contention for the highest number in New England. "State Highway" (the name of US 6 for address purposes) starts at 175 just north of the Orleans Rotary at the MA 6A intersection, and gets to 5985 at the Wellfleet town line. Old State Highway, which is the bit of old US 6 that was bypassed at the rotary, has numbers as low as 30, so this isn't "cheating" by starting at a number much higher than zero.

State Highway does this in 6.0 miles, while N Main St in Fall River gets to 5500 in 5.1 miles and Washington Street in Boston takes 9.0 miles to get to 5343 - so the "address density" on N Main in Fall River is a little higher than State Highway, and Washington Street is a good bit lower (which surprises me).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version