News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

What does "(!) Watched" mean?

Started by geek11111, February 17, 2023, 10:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geek11111

Does that mean I am supervised by mods?
Because it's true that I was warned recently because I sent meaningless replies to my thread in order to push it up.

If yes, when will it be removed?
Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Dlaoooooooooooooooooooooo

JoePCool14

Considering I never remember seeing this before, yes, you might be on some sort of probation or watchlist.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

hotdogPi

Your warning level decreases by one per day until it hits 0.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

1995hoo

The moderation system works on a 100-point scale, with points issued falling off at one point per day. Beyond a certain warning level, posts require moderator approval before becoming publicly viewable, and at 100% the user is muted.

Presumably, depending on your watch level (which is not viewable to non-moderators other than you), as long as you don't accrue any more points you wouldn't have anything to worry about as the warn level will slowly tick back down to 0%.

(Edited to fix a typo.)
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

webny99

Quote from: 1 on February 17, 2023, 11:09:58 AM
Your warning level decreases by one per day until it hits 0.

Yes, although a mod can also adjust it at any time.

Roadgeekteen

Stay out of trouble and you will be good. This must be a new thing, or else I would have gotten points back in 2017 when I was 13 years old and didn't know to behave online.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

webny99

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on February 17, 2023, 02:17:06 PM
Stay out of trouble and you will be good. This must be a new thing, or else I would have gotten points back in 2017 when I was 13 years old and didn't know to behave online.

It's not that new. I was on the watch list once in early 2018, not long after I joined. My guess would be that it's built in to the forum and always been there, but just wasn't used or talked about much until recently.

MultiMillionMiler

Well didn't Scott say that some of it is integrated into the simplemachinesforum software? The only things they can change are the thresholds/warning level percentages?

Max Rockatansky

It always feels like somebody's watchin me...and I have no privacy.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on February 17, 2023, 04:19:36 PM
It always feels like somebody's watchin me...and I have no privacy.

You rock pretty well.

Scott5114

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on February 17, 2023, 11:25:11 AM
At any warning level 1% or higher, you get your posts monitored by mods (I don't know if this means they just have a list of members to watch or the posts automatically become visible to all mods). I guess what this really does is simply make it easier to receive another warning for an inappropriate post, than if you weren't being watched, as the mods are paying more attention to your or your posts than the average person. But you can still post normally while being watched.

There is a view that moderators can use that shows only posts made by watched members. I personally don't ever use it, though, because it doesn't show the context of the rest of the thread. Other than that it just displays the "Watched" status under your username, which is enough of a reminder to me that "oh yeah, I warned this guy for X" and to keep an eye to see if they do X again (or else if another mod issued the warning, for me to go and read what the warning was about).

As stated, it doesn't actually affect your posting privileges directly, and will go away automatically after your warning level degrades to 0.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.