Is Countertrolling a Troll The Answer

Started by roadman65, March 08, 2023, 03:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rothman

Quote from: hbelkins on March 31, 2023, 10:18:38 AM
Quote from: formulanone on March 31, 2023, 09:12:37 AM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 30, 2023, 07:08:01 PM
You don't think that child medical problems are political? It gets political real quick... Did you see all of the debates over parents rights lately?

Please stop the "everything is political" schtick for a while. The media of all types and morass of social media simpletons will have you believe everything is a wedge subject to enrage and control thought.

Either talk about the subject or don't talk about it at all, let the mods be that guide; otherwise it's a misguided attempt to shut down conversation you're not prepared for before it even starts.

I won't go as far as saying "everything is political," but lots of things are ideological. And some of those things do become political.

Does anyone else get the feeling that MMM is reading this forum as a guest, basking in all the attention he's "posthumously" receiving?

Yes.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Rothman

Quote from: JayhawkCO on March 31, 2023, 10:32:21 AM
Quote from: hbelkins on March 31, 2023, 10:18:38 AM
Does anyone else get the feeling that MMM is reading this forum as a guest, basking in all the attention he's "posthumously" receiving?

Everyone is still feeding the troll.
^This.

And this is why we're doomed to have another one.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Rothman

I still think a more recent hawker of YouTube videos on here was less prevalent when people didn't give him the time of day.

roadman65

Let's forget about MMM. He's gone. No need to hypothesize on his behavior.  The world is full of strange folks.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

kphoger

Quote from: roadman65 on March 31, 2023, 05:48:17 PM
The world is full of strange folks.

And 6% of them are members of this forum.

:wave:
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

roadman65

True, especially when we have a bunch here on the spectrum.

Sheryl Crowe

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on March 31, 2023, 05:50:46 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on March 31, 2023, 05:48:17 PM
The world is full of strange folks.

And 6% of them are members of this forum.

:wave:

Wow, I didn't know this forum had 474 million users.

roadman65

[/quote]
[/quote]
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=16214
Look at his last login. It was post ban.

Sheryl Crowe

kphoger

Quote from: webny99 on March 31, 2023, 06:07:01 PM

The world is full of strange folks, but not every person in the world is strange.  That's not how language works.  For example...

Chicago is full of museums.  This does not mean there are no apartment buildings or restaurants there.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on March 31, 2023, 06:23:26 PM

The world is full of strange folks, but not every person in the world is strange.  That's not how language works.

How language works is irrelevant here, though: I just disagree that not every person is strange (at least as an objective statement).

formulanone

Quote from: webny99 on March 31, 2023, 07:47:05 PM

The world is full of strange folks, but not every person in the world is strange.  That's not how language works.

How language works is irrelevant here, though: I just disagree that not every person is strange (at least as an objective statement).

Strange is all relative. Or maybe just a few relatives. Sometimes you don't know how weird (or normal-ish) things are in your own family until you meet a few more of them. Then we reshuffle our deck of People We Know and arrange them in an order, putting some in different margins because that's how we roll.

If faces come out of the rain, then you're strange. If streets are uneven when you're down, you're a roadgeek.

Roadgeekteen

Strange is also subjective. Just depends on your societal norms.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kalvado

Big John

Opposite of "charm" in subatomic quarks:

jeffandnicole

Quote from: formulanone on March 31, 2023, 07:57:16 PM
Quote from: webny99 on March 31, 2023, 07:47:05 PM

Strange is all relative. Or maybe just a few relatives. Sometimes you don't know how weird (or normal-ish) things are in your own family until you meet a few more of them. Then we reshuffle our deck of People We Know and arrange them in an order, putting some in different margins because that's how we roll.

If faces come out of the rain, then you're strange. If streets are uneven when you're down, you're a roadgeek.

Pretty much everything is relative.  Once someone knows something and it becomes their norm, they become desensitized to it, then are often surprised when others don't know it. 

For roads, work in a toll booth (one of the few that exist anymore).  You'll get questions that make you realize what a scary world it is alongside others at 70 mph.

bugo

There was a guy a few years ago in some of the road-related Facebook groups who was downloading pictures from the groups and offering prints of them for sale on his website. He's been permabanned from any of the groups that I run. He recently tried to join a couple of them, but I declined his requests.

bugo

Does anybody remember Tom From Ohio? He had massive heel heat back in the day, but a lot of old school road guys look back on him fondly for some reason.

Takumi

Quote from: bugo on April 12, 2023, 02:23:29 PM
Does anybody remember Tom From Ohio? He had massive heel heat back in the day, but a lot of old school road guys look back on him fondly for some reason.

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Rothman

Quote from: Takumi on April 12, 2023, 08:12:14 PM

You, sir, win the Internet for the day.

hbelkins

DUAAFAFO.

Also: My testicles: Deez Nuts?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

kphoger

Quote from: roadman65 on March 08, 2023, 03:25:05 PM
Is this what we should be doing? Feeding a hungry troll?

Clearly, the answer is yes.
Male pronouns, please.

formulanone

Quote from: kphoger on February 07, 2024, 04:22:35 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on March 08, 2023, 03:25:05 PM
Is this what we should be doing? Feeding a hungry troll?

Clearly, the answer is yes.

Concerning anything to do with the fandom of Poiponen:

Max Rockatansky

Much have a P13 to troll than the grand priest of the Church of Wallethub again.

Brandon

I think he did us all a favor and fucked off.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

hbelkins

Quote from: Brandon on February 11, 2024, 07:41:52 PM

I think he did us all a favor and fucked off.

Also, O-315 = I-870?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.