Regional Boards > Pacific Southwest

Antelope Valley Freeway Ca 14

(1/5) > >>

Interstate Trav:
Since this is my favorite freeway next to the 15 Mojave Freeway, I thought it would be nice to have a thread about it.

Are there any widening projects  going on anywhere on the freeway?  Opinions of the freeway.  Ect.

Quillz:
It needs to be widened, it has way too much traffic these days. I also still wish it was U.S. 6.

agentsteel53:
that long 6/395 multiplex is difficult to justify.  Especially given that 6 is nominally east-west.  The most sensible way to extend US-6 to the west coast is via CA-120 to I-580 to the Bay Area.

Quillz:
I'd just rather CA-14 be used for an actual west-east route.

agentsteel53:

--- Quote from: Quillz on March 02, 2011, 02:44:50 AM ---I'd just rather CA-14 be used for an actual west-east route.

--- End quote ---

I think at one point it was planned to be a long extension going west from where it currently ends, which is why they gave it the east-west route number.  it still would've been quite L-shaped though... so giving it the north-south would've made sense too.  It could've been CA-37 or something.  (Recall: at the time, the northern route that now has that number was CA-48.  And besides, they totally gave up on the north-south parity distinction when assigning 35 to a Norcal route, so having 37 be a Socal wouldn't be an unprecedented violation.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version