Regional Boards > Pacific Southwest

Old Los Angeles Freeway Photos

(1/2) > >>

Bigmikelakers:

Harbor Freeway at Gage by Metro Transportation Library and Archive, on Flickr

Hollywood Freeway at Vermont by Metro Transportation Library and Archive, on Flickr

Hollywood Freeway at Silverlake by Metro Transportation Library and Archive, on Flickr

LAMTA - MTA Emblem MTA_0296 by Metro Transportation Library and Archive, on Flickr

Arroyo Seco Parkway looking north, at Avenue 60 Bridge, Highland Park, MTA-Slides_0600 by Metro Transportation Library and Archive, on Flickr

LA Skyline MTA_1378 by Metro Transportation Library and Archive, on Flickr

El Monte Busway at Long Beach freeway by Metro Transportation Library and Archive, on Flickr

Quillz:
Very interesting. I still think white-on-black guide signs are more legible than white-on-green, regardless of what research might have shown. Miss all the cutout shields, too. (I hate the '70-spec cutouts currently being used.)

hm insulators:
What freeway is that in the fourth picture down? They don't identify it, but I'm guessing it's the I-710 (long before it was renamed I-710).

TheStranger:

--- Quote from: hm insulators on March 22, 2011, 03:46:45 PM ---What freeway is that in the fourth picture down? They don't identify it, but I'm guessing it's the I-710 (long before it was renamed I-710).

--- End quote ---

Looks to be around today's 10/710 junction.

Interstate Trav:
The Fourth one down looks like the I-710 near Bandini Blvd.  the very bottom one is the 10 east, and it's amazing how busy the freeway was back then, and it was already 4 lanes going eastbound.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version