What Was the Interstate You Were On Least Recently?

Started by JayhawkCO, September 02, 2021, 05:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayhawkCO

Similar vein to the other thread about clinching and the one about states you've visited least recently.  Which interstate did you last drive or ride on least recently?

Despite me living in Kansas for 16 years, from 2000-2016, I never once drove on I-335.  I did ride on it back in 1988 when my dad didn't take the turn off the turnpike in Emporia because he thought that the turnpike was the quickest way.

So I haven't been on I-335 in 33 years. 

Yours?

jlam

I-205 in Portland. I drove on it from Portland International Airport to a friend's house in 2013, so I haven't been on that Interstate at all for eight years.

Roadgeekteen

Probably I-5 or something in California that I visited before I was 2.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

NWI_Irish96

I-4. Was on it New Year's Day 1986 as part of a family trip that included Disney World. Haven't been back on it since.

I'm not even sure what would be second.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

bassoon1986

I-170 and I-270 in St Louis in 1997. So 24 years. I've been on other stretches of 44, 55, and 64 since then.

iPhone

US 89

For 2dis, I'm thinking my answer is western I-76. I've been to Denver enough times and on enough different routes that I have no idea when the last time I took I-76 was, other than it was probably before 2012 or so (sometime thereabouts is when my aunt and uncle moved from the west suburbs to the south suburbs, and I don't think I've used 76 since then).

If I've been on 76 more recently than 2010, then my answer becomes I-82. The same trip gave me my 3di answer, which is Washington's I-405.

7/8

For me, in order:
1) I-83
2) I-695 MD
3) I-295 DC/MD

This was on a trip from Myrtle Beach to Hershey, PA on the way home (either late 90's or early 00's).

Skye

I'm not really sure there are three possibles:
I-794 in Milwaukee
I-240 in Asheville, NC (I-81 would have been on the same trip but I was traveling south so I would have been on I-240 after I-81)
I-126 in Columbia, SC

DTComposer

I'm gonna say I-H1 in 1979.

For the contiguous states, probably I-66, 1983.

In my home state, I-8, 2014.

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Scott5114

I think the answer to this is I-20. I used it when I was in elementary school (sometime between 1998 and 2000, I'm pretty sure, but I don't remember the exact year offhand) to go visit family from KS that had moved to Nacogdoches, TX. They only stayed there a couple of years, though, before moving back to KS, so I never had a reason to go back that way, and I haven't used any part of I-20 since then.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

ilpt4u

For a 2DI, pretty sure it has to be Florida's I-4
For a 3DI, probably GA's I-475, and probably on the same trip as the Florida's I-4 noted above, when I was a Freshman in HS

If Hidden I-595 counts, that actually probably takes the overall lead, as that was when I was a very young lad, on a trip out to Ocean City on a DC trip in my childhood

ran4sh

As far as I know, I-680 in California. My most recent visit to Northern California was a couple of decades ago, and on that particular trip I was on I-80 west of Sacramento, used I-680, then kept going onto I-280 into San Francisco, crossed the Golden Gate Bridge and returned to I-80.

For 2di it's not I-80, because I have been on it in NJ recently. I think it's I-24, I've been on it in the Chattanooga area but haven't been that way in a while.
Control cities CAN be off the route! Control cities make NO sense if signs end before the city is reached!

Travel Mapping - Most Traveled: I-40, 20, 10, 5, 95 - Longest Clinched: I-20, 85, 24, 16, NJ Tpk mainline
Champions - UGA FB '21 '22 - Atlanta Braves '95 '21 - Atlanta MLS '18

DandyDan

Two possibilities for 3di's:
1) In my 1978 trip to Montana, we came back to our Minnesota home through South Dakota. We stayed in Rapid City and may have used I-190 while there. If not, then:
2) It was I-635 in Kansas City on my very first trip to KC in 1997. The surprising aspect on this is I have made plenty of trips to KC since, but never went on it again

For 2di's, this is definitely from my 2001 DC trip, but I don't remember whether we did our Shenandoah NP side trip first, which would make it I-66, or the trip to Baltimore, which makes it I-95.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

ET21

I-196 in Michigan, last time I was on that was 2011
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

1995hoo

I'll limit this to Interstates I've travelled since I was old enough to drive because otherwise I'd be trying to reconstruct the drive my parents made, with 1-year-old me in the back seat, when we moved from Texas to Virginia, and I don't have a practical way to do that.

With that proviso, my answer is almost certainly I-395 in Maine, which I rode on twice as a passenger in July 1989 on a Boy Scout trip en route to and from the Canadian Jamboree on PEI. (I was not allowed to do any driving on that trip, despite having my license, because the troop's liability insurance didn't provide coverage if someone under 18 drove.) I have not been up to Bangor since that trip–been as far as Freeport the following summer, and since then the only time I've been to Maine was to take the Cat Ferry from Portland to Nova Scotia.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

JayhawkCO

I figured I'd try to figure out my longest 2di as well.  It looks like it's I-17.  I haven't been on that since 1995, so 26 years.

Chris

Rothman

Quote from: Rothman on September 02, 2021, 10:04:59 PM
Hm.  Let's go with I-238. :D
After thinking more about this, I'd go with I-205 in CA (I-238 was later that night, followed by I-880).
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

hbelkins

My best guess would be I-4. I haven't been to Florida since my high school years.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

WillWeaverRVA

I-55, as I haven't been to Illinois since 2007.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

webny99

First I thought mine was I-79, on a trip to Tennessee back in 2013. But then I remembered that I used the section north of I-90 in 2019. And I know I've re-used all the other interstates from that trip (I-40, I-64, I-75, I-77, I-81, I-90).

So I guess it must be I-29, which I last used in 2016. It seems kind of lame that every interstate I've been on, I've been on in the last five years, but then again, this exercise is for any travel at all, not a full clinch, so a lot of the 2di's get refreshed fairly often. So unless there's some random 3di that I've been on before 2016, but not since (possible, but unlikely, since I've mentally crossed a lot of them off), I think I-29 is the answer.

Mapmikey

There are 10 2dis in the lower 48 I have not driven.  The one I was on least recently is I-57 in 1997.

There are 3dis in the San Francisco area I have been only as a toddler in the early 70s and I have no memory of those.  The furthest back I can remember being on a 3di that I have not been on since is likely I-215 California in 1984 (passenger).  As a driver the 3di with this condition is probably I-393 in 1990, followed by I-195 Maine and I-384 later in the same trip.

Takumi

As far as I know, I-75 in 1998, though an earlier childhood trip to Raleigh may have had me on I-440 and I just don't remember anything about it.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

epzik8

From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

SkyPesos

Both I-84 and I-91 for me. Used both when getting between Boston and NYC sometime in 2011.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.