News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Cities served by the most 2di interstates

Started by skluth, October 05, 2021, 06:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bing101

Stockton I-5 for now but there is a proposal to have CA-99 become I-9 if approved to make the area have two parent interstates.Stockton is in the same seat as Sacramento for a new 2di to be approved.

Bakersfield is rumored to have two freeway waiting for two parent interstatedls to reach the city I-9 and I-40 expansions if approved.
Fresno and Modesto waiting for I-9 to be approved too.

achilles765

Quote from: SEWIGuy on October 13, 2021, 01:31:18 PM
Quote from: achilles765 on October 12, 2021, 03:44:12 AM
Quote from: paulthemapguy on October 11, 2021, 09:52:47 PM
I think we should make the distinction between "served by" and "enters the city limits of."  I don't think those criteria are synonymous.  Unless the OP meant them to be synonymous, in which case, I'll shut up.

I do not consider Birmingham to really be "served" by I-22...it barely enters the city and doesn't have any major connections aside from I-65...I also don't really consider New Orleans to be served by I-55 or I-59; or Boston to be served by I-95, which like bypasses it to the west.  I also don't think I-69E really "serves" Corpus Christi

Of course Birmingham is served by I-22 and New Orleans by I-55.  If you are going to those metropolitan areas from Memphis (in both cases), you would take those interstates.

Roadgeeks are too pendantic for their own good sometimes.

LOL. I fully admit that I am sometimes.  I have Aspergers too so that also makes me more inflexible
I love freeways and roads in any state but Texas will always be first in my heart

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.