News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

St. Louis Road Meet - March 15, 2014 at 11 AM

Started by kharvey10, October 17, 2013, 11:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

Quote from: bugo on March 01, 2014, 08:26:13 PM
Quote from: Laura on March 01, 2014, 03:29:50 PM
Quote from: brianreynolds on February 27, 2014, 11:36:59 PM
Thank you to Steve and Laura for the offers.  I am declining only because I will be there for two nights.  Also, thanks to all who offered advice, especially Oscar.  I now have my room at the nearby Super 8 locked down for Friday and Saturday nights. 

To quote an old Hollywood classic, "Meet me in St. Louis".

No worries! The room is still open for anyone else.

I will take you up on the offer, but I get to sleep in Mike's bed with him.  Does he enjoy spooning? 

Actually, I think you'd get the empty bed.  I have a feeling that Mike and Laura might want to be together.  They are married, you know.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

hbelkins

Best keep your "Send Help" signs at home for this meet. They're not being made anymore, and one attendee has stated that he plans to confiscate and destroy any signs that are displayed at the meet.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Dougtone

Quote from: hbelkins on March 02, 2014, 02:29:17 PM
Best keep your "Send Help" signs at home for this meet. They're not being made anymore, and one attendee has stated that he plans to confiscate and destroy any signs that are displayed at the meet.

I can indeed verify that that the Send Help signs aren't being made anymore.  I only have my own personal Selp Help sign / Adirondack Northway map, so I can't even produce Send Help signs for others.  I doubt I will bring my Send Help sign to the St. Louis meet, on purpose rather than accidentally forgetting it at home.  I am flying to the meet in St. Louis, and as a result, will bring only what I need to bring with me.

Roadgeek Adam

Quote from: Dougtone on March 02, 2014, 05:49:32 PM

I can indeed verify that that the Send Help signs aren't being made anymore.  I only have my own personal Selp Help sign / Adirondack Northway map, so I can't even produce Send Help signs for others.  I doubt I will bring my Send Help sign to the St. Louis meet, on purpose rather than accidentally forgetting it at home.  I am flying to the meet in St. Louis, and as a result, will bring only what I need to bring with me.

Aside of the fact that mine is sitting on my dorm room window at the moment, I have to ask why. You don't have to like the signs. You can ask people don't display it in the group photo. (I listened to that request, and was happy to keep mine folded in Burlington.) Threatening to destroy them is a bit insane.
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

Dougtone

Quote from: Roadgeek Adam on March 02, 2014, 05:55:58 PM

Aside of the fact that mine is sitting on my dorm room window at the moment, I have to ask why. You don't have to like the signs. You can ask people don't display it in the group photo. (I listened to that request, and was happy to keep mine folded in Burlington.) Threatening to destroy them is a bit insane.

In Burlington, I think we wound up taking a group picture with the Send Help sign, along the the group picture without the Send Help sign.  I thought that was a reasonable compromise, and in hindsight, maybe better that way.

Roadgeek Adam

Quote from: Dougtone on March 02, 2014, 06:06:18 PM
Quote from: Roadgeek Adam on March 02, 2014, 05:55:58 PM

In Burlington, I think we wound up taking a group picture with the Send Help sign, along the the group picture without the Send Help sign.  I thought that was a reasonable compromise, and in hindsight, maybe better that way.

Yes we did, and if you look in the sign-less photo, the sign is folded up under my right arm. So, the question I have is, why not here?
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

corco

Send Help signs are awesome and I hope somebody brings one.

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

hbelkins

Duke87

Quote from: hbelkins on March 02, 2014, 06:54:38 PM
Quote from: NE2 on March 02, 2014, 06:15:30 PM
Because bugo is anal.

How did you know it was him?

I thought it was obvious. He's the only person I know of who is on the record as vehemently hating the Send Help sign.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

bandit957

Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Alps

Quote from: bandit957 on March 02, 2014, 07:57:45 PM
I'm bringing a "Send Poo" sign.
I'm bringing multiple SEND HELP signs, on the premise that there will be an opportunity to use them at some point. Maybe if the meet comes to East St. Louis.

Takumi

Quote from: Duke87 on March 02, 2014, 07:17:11 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on March 02, 2014, 06:54:38 PM
Quote from: NE2 on March 02, 2014, 06:15:30 PM
Because bugo is anal.

How did you know it was him?

I thought it was obvious. He's the only person I know of who is on the record as vehemently hating the Send Help sign.
I figured it was him because it just sounds like something he would do.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

bugo

Quote from: Brandon on March 02, 2014, 07:54:40 AM
Quote from: bugo on March 01, 2014, 08:26:13 PM
Quote from: Laura on March 01, 2014, 03:29:50 PM
Quote from: brianreynolds on February 27, 2014, 11:36:59 PM
Thank you to Steve and Laura for the offers.  I am declining only because I will be there for two nights.  Also, thanks to all who offered advice, especially Oscar.  I now have my room at the nearby Super 8 locked down for Friday and Saturday nights. 

To quote an old Hollywood classic, "Meet me in St. Louis".

No worries! The room is still open for anyone else.

I will take you up on the offer, but I get to sleep in Mike's bed with him.  Does he enjoy spooning? 

Actually, I think you'd get the empty bed.  I have a feeling that Mike and Laura might want to be together.  They are married, you know.

I have the feeling that you don't get my sense of humor.

bugo

That's right.

bugo

bugo

Actually if you want to bring your silly signs, bring them, but just don't take a picture with me and the sign both in it or I will confiscate your camera and destroy your picture.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

bugo

bandit957

Bring a raincoat, everyone, because they're saying it might be raaaaaaaaaai-nee! I just checked the long-range forecast.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

hbelkins

Quote from: bugo on March 03, 2014, 03:51:06 AM
Actually if you want to bring your silly signs, bring them, but just don't take a picture with me and the sign both in it or I will confiscate your camera and destroy your picture.

Why do you dislike the sign so much?

Dougtone

Quote from: bandit957 on March 03, 2014, 01:02:56 PM
Bring a raincoat, everyone, because they're saying it might be raaaaaaaaaai-nee! I just checked the long-range forecast.

Is this the forecast you're referring to?
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/saint-louis-mo/63101/daily-weather-forecast/349084?day=11

Brandon

Quote from: Dougtone on March 03, 2014, 06:26:20 PM
Quote from: bandit957 on March 03, 2014, 01:02:56 PM

Is this the forecast you're referring to?
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/saint-louis-mo/63101/daily-weather-forecast/349084?day=11

So far out I don't even worry about it.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

bugo

Quote from: hbelkins on March 03, 2014, 01:15:45 PM
Quote from: bugo on March 03, 2014, 03:51:06 AM

Why do you dislike the sign so much?

I don't even dislike the sign, I just don't want my picture taken with it.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.