News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Guaging interest and date for a nashville, TN\ Mid Tennessee region road meet

Started by jpi, October 22, 2013, 06:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guaging interest and date for a nashville, TN\ Mid Tennessee region road meet possible dates

March 22
3 (37.5%)
March 29
4 (50%)
April 5
4 (50%)
April 26
4 (50%)
May 3
3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

jpi

Hi Guys, I know I have been a little quiet on this , I am in the heart of my BIG diecast toy show season with 2 of my biggest ones coming up after Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania. I am in a "wait and see" mode right now, I do plan on going to Kim's meet, especailly if it falls on a weekend that I can set up at one of the area toy shows. Also Steel City Con will be April 11, 12, and 13 and I am also waiting to see if and when Laura and Mike plan to have there meet which I may attend if it coinsides with said show.

Looks like March 29 may be tops on my raidar for my meet but I won't make a set in stone date until around new years.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Alps

Tolls are off GA 400! That goes on my list (Nashville -> Chattanooga -> Atlanta fairly easily)

Grzrd

Quote from: Steve on November 22, 2013, 07:50:35 PM
Tolls are off GA 400! That goes on my list (Nashville -> Chattanooga -> Atlanta fairly easily)

Apply the money you keep from the removal of the tolls to have a drink at the Georgian Terrace Hotel.  The redrum is otherworldly.

Duke87

Quote from: Steve on November 22, 2013, 07:50:35 PM

This means you can go to Cumming.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

wriddle082

Hi guys, long time no post!

Just realized there is interest in doing something in the Nashville area I have done twice: put together road meets!  Jason, you're really doing a great job so far!

It's highly likely that family and/or work commitments will cause me to not be able to come up, regardless of what weekend it is, but I'm still not ruling it out.  I'll make it a game time decision.  But I am definitely all for Demos' being the restaurant choice!  Excellent food, reasonable prices, probably not gonna be too busy on a Saturday afternoon, and goshdarnit I miss going there!  (I recommend the blackened chicken pasta)

I did manage to sneak up to Nashville over Thanksgiving for a few days.  Drove 840 again.  Also went into the city once, went across 440, and noticed they finally finished adding the extra eastbound lane between Nolensville Rd and I-24.  I hope this has provided the much-needed afternoon rush-hour relief!  Previously, 440 would back up for 6 out of its 7 miles eastbound in the afternoons due it narrowing to two lanes past Nolensville Rd for only about a mile.  Oh yeah, they've really gotta do something about Chattanooga.  Like add some lanes to 24 b/w 27(124) and 59.  Like right now!  Also think about adding lanes to it up to US 64/72 at Jasper as well.  Traffic was very sluggish from that point down to Chattanooga on the Saturday afternoon after Thanksgiving, and it's often like that on an average summer weekend afternoon.

jpi

Hi guys, back from a week in Pennsylvania, I am getting this narrowed down to either 3/29 or April 22 but alos alot has to do with and when Kim sets her St Louis meet abnd if I can tie that in with one of the area toy shows that weekend.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Alps

Quote from: jpi on December 10, 2013, 09:07:28 PM
Hi guys, back from a week in Pennsylvania, I am getting this narrowed down to either 3/29 or April 22 but alos alot has to do with and when Kim sets her St Louis meet abnd if I can tie that in with one of the area toy shows that weekend.
April 26 you mean, not 22?

jpi

Yeah, I ment 4/26 but starting to lean toward 3/29. I should know for sure after the first of the year.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

CanesFan27

attraction for me is if the Predators are home during the meet weekend or not.

Alps

Quote from: CanesFan27 on December 12, 2013, 06:19:32 PM
March 30 (Sunday) at 8 PM is the only home game on the same weekend, and it kills your Monday to see it. April 26 may or may not have a game, since that's playoff season.

CanesFan27

Quote from: Steve on December 12, 2013, 06:55:00 PM
Quote from: CanesFan27 on December 12, 2013, 06:19:32 PM
March 30 (Sunday) at 8 PM is the only home game on the same weekend, and it kills your Monday to see it. April 26 may or may not have a game, since that's playoff season.

Birthday is March 31st - so I can take a long weekend.  Preds aren't going to be a playoff team this season.

jpi

Thanks for the info on that Steve. At this point 3/29 is my top option for a date, I will make my final discision around Christmas to New Years.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

hbelkins

I'm hopeful to attend this. It's close enough that I could drive down that morning if necessary. With luck, it won't conflict with any work-related stuff.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

jpi

Steph and I had dinner at Demo's tonight and it was VERY good. I will be making the road meet announcement Christmas eve on both here and facebook. I was going to wait until Christmas day that is until Friday night. I have had a rather crazy and sad last few days, some of you may already know this but I will be back in York, PA later this week for my grandmothers funeral so I will be on the road Christmas day.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

jpi

Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

froggie

Depending on my April trip, I might actually make this.  Still TBD.

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.