Northwestern Arkansas meet

Started by bugo, June 10, 2014, 01:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

Is there any interest in a northwest Arkansas meet?  It would include AR 549, I-49 all the way to at least the tunnel, and other sights around Fayetteville. 

hbelkins

I need to win the lottery. I'd love to come to a meet in that area, as well as the one in Oklahoma you're talking about.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

jpi

I would be up for it, day drive from where I live in middle TN, depends on when :-)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

oscar

If you can wait a year, and do most of the meet in the afternoon, the Extra Miler Club (crazy county-counters) will be holding its annual meeting in Rogers AR on Saturday morning, 7/18/15, probably drawing me, Brian Reynolds, and a few others of us to that region.  As you can tell from the discussion over in Northeast on things to do after this year's EMC meet in Rochester NY, lately we've been short of post-EMC meet activities (though I have a sneaking suspicion something might be in the works to follow the meet next year in Rogers). 
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

corco

I would probably have to pick between this and Oogolah if they were within 4 months or so of each other, and I'd probably choose this.

bugo

Because of Oologah, I wouldn't be hosting this meet until next spring.  I don't live in NWA but I know enough about the area and live close enough to it to plan an itinerary.

Duke87

If it's next spring this is within the realm of possibility for me.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

jpi

If it ends up being around the date Brian Reynolds suggested I could tie it in with what will be my planned 4th road trip to the southwest :-)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Arkansastravelguy

codyg1985

I would definitely be up for it next year.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

A.J. Bertin

I would be interested... depending on timing, finances, and whether I can get the days off I need for the drive down and back from Michigan. I've never been to an Arkansas meet before so this could be fun!
-A.J. from Michigan

bugo

I am not aware of any Arkansas meets in the past.  There was the aborted Texarkana meet but none that I know of have actually happened.

A.J. Bertin

It's pretty unlikely that I'll be able to go if you host this in 2014. But if it's, say, in the spring or summer of 2015, I'd be much more likely to attend.
-A.J. from Michigan

bugo

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on June 16, 2014, 11:04:45 PM
It's pretty unlikely that I'll be able to go if you host this in 2014. But if it's, say, in the spring or summer of 2015, I'd be much more likely to attend.

I'm thinking early spring 2015.  It definitely won't be in 2014.

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: bugo on June 17, 2014, 12:17:43 PM
Quote from: A.J. Bertin on June 16, 2014, 11:04:45 PM

I'm thinking early spring 2015.  It definitely won't be in 2014.

Cool! :D
-A.J. from Michigan

jpi

Early spring 2015 I will definently keep in mind.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

codyg1985

Any additional information on whether this is going to be happening next spring? Depending on when this falls around the proposed Denver meet next year, I may be able to swing both meets in one trip and drive the entire way. Of course, not everyone would be up for that, but both this meet and the Denver meet are meets that I am definitely interested in attending.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

bugo

Cody, the NWA meet is not even in an embryonic stage yet.  It isn't even a sperm cell.  It's just an idea that hopefully will come to fruition in the future.  We have a long way to go before we set up a date.  I hope to go to the Denver meet as well so I don't want to plan it too close.

US71

Quote from: bugo on July 11, 2014, 09:19:44 AM
Cody, the NWA meet is not even in an embryonic stage yet.  It isn't even a sperm cell.  It's just an idea that hopefully will come to fruition in the future.  We have a long way to go before we set up a date.  I hope to go to the Denver meet as well so I don't want to plan it too close.

Best check the football schedule if it's for the Fall.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.