News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

2015 Denver Meet?

Started by corco, July 02, 2014, 11:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Given the constraints of reality, could you be able to attend a roadmeet in Denver at some point in late spring 2015?

Yes
21 (84%)
No
4 (16%)

Total Members Voted: 25

froggie

QuoteSimilar to what Oscar mentioned about vehicles and the downgrades, I understand Mt. Washington in New Hampshire has some severe restrictions on which vehicles can drive the road there. My Saturn Vue qualifies because it can shift down to "1" but a lot of vehicles aren't allowed.

I just did Mt. Washington a month ago...the only restriction I recall is no trailers or RVs.  Just regular passenger vehicles (or pickups).  And yes, they want you to drive it in your lowest gear so as to not overheat the engine...

codyg1985

It looks like the weekend of April 18th is off the table for me. I have a wedding to go to that weekend in Texas.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

bugo

Would anybody be interested in taking a tour of the Denver mint?  There is no admission fee and it lasts about 45 minutes.  Reservations are required, and the mint is open from 8am to 5:30pm.

froggie

Alps

Quote from: bugo on July 15, 2014, 04:01:56 AM
Would anybody be interested in taking a tour of the Denver mint?  There is no admission fee and it lasts about 45 minutes.  Reservations are required, and the mint is open from 8am to 5:30pm.

I've done Philly and Dahlonega (well, the mint is gone but I saw the museum). I'm hella on this.

Brandon

Quote from: bugo on July 15, 2014, 04:01:56 AM

Could be an entertaining morning diversion.  :cool:
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

jpi

This all does sound like alot of fun but now Steph and I are in VERY early talks of going out west this time next year so I may not be able to make this since it would be a nearly 2 day drive there and back but will keep it on the back burner.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Duke87

Taking a tour of a mint DOES sound interesting, although considering there are mints I can visit much closer to home, I doubt I'd want to do it in Denver. I'd rather spend any time out west doing things I can only do out west.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

corco

A mint tour would be awesome. That said, the mint is only open for tours Monday-Thursday. A meet will be Saturday, possibly Saturday/Sunday, so if I do go to the multi-day format, it'd be possible to do a tour at the crack of dawn Monday morning when they open at 8 for folks who want to, but otherwise it'll be pretty tough to pull off.

I can't justify scheduling the meet around when the mint is open for tours if Monday-Thursday are the days, much as I'd like to be able to do so. If the meet is two days long, and folks want to stick around Sunday night, then sure, the mint would be there on Monday morning and I'd probably be down to participate.

SSOWorld

Leave it to the government to keep the mint closed on weekends.  It's not exactly a tourist attraction IMO however  :happy:
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Zmapper

Two Denver-area road-related points of interest that may be of interest:
1. I-70 East viaduct between I-25 and Colorado Blvd. As was typical of post-war viaducts, the highway has no shoulders and inadequate ramp design. CDOT plans to replace the viaduct with a trench, while some neighborhood activists want the highway rerouted on I-76 and I-270; either way, the viaduct's time is limited.

2. I-25 southbound express lane from Orchards to Lincoln Ave, in Centennial, CO. For the extremely low cost of striping two continuous white lines, CDOT created a dedicated express lane for thru traffic to bypass exiting traffic to C-470 and E-470.

Molandfreak

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

jpi

Good question, looks like everythign is falling into place for my 4th trip west in July so if this meet ends up on memorial day weekend then I have a greater chance of going with taking a couple days off, otherwise I may be out.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

US71

At this juncture in time, most likely no, but it could change later.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

corco

I've been occupied with other things lately but I'm still fully committed to this idea. Hold me to this: meet announcement coming this Saturday.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.