News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Cape May mini meet - JANUARY 3

Started by Alps, December 22, 2014, 12:24:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

So, instead of waiting until April, I just might be antsy enough to move Cape May up to 12/27 or 1/3. The call will mainly be due to weather, but please register your interest here. I'll mention it on Facebook but there's no formal signup. Restaurant thoughts:
Uncle Bill's Pancake House, Stone Harbor (breakfast)
Stone Harbor Bar and Grill
Dino's Seaview Diner
???

Duke87

12/27 is no go for me. 1/3, I'm 70% there.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Ian

You already know that my next three weeks are pretty much open. I'm also okay with whatever restaurant is chosen :)
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Takumi

Already have plans elsewhere for 12/27, and work 1/3.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

akotchi

12/27 is good for me, but my wife's birthday is 1/3 (so that is a no-go).
Opinions here attributed to me are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer or the agencies for which I am contracted to do work.

jpi

No go for me, no plans on going to the northeast until April and then I will be in Pittsburgh for Steel City Con that weekend (April 10, 11, 12)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Alps

January 3 has gotten a substantial number of votes, so that's what I'm going with.

dgolub

Is there a Facebook page for the meet, or not yet?

Alps

Quote from: dgolub on December 22, 2014, 09:20:55 PM
Is there a Facebook page for the meet, or not yet?
Nope. I'll announce details here and through my website's FB page.

Laura

mtantillo

yanksfan6129

1/3 is a probable for me as well.

Alps

Okay fine I set up an event.

The meet will start at 12 PM (to give our farther travelers a chance to arrive) at Stone Harbor Bar and Grill, 261 96th Street, Stone Harbor, NJ. Meters are not in effect during the off-season, so you can park and leave your car on the street. We'll have stops at a pair of old Intracoastal Waterway bridges, the famous South/North Jersey sign, and the Cape May Ferry Terminal, and then spend the rest of our time checking out construction on the Parkway. The roads part of the meet should take about 3 hours tops.

Recommended routes: For our DC and Baltimore visitors, take the Delaware Memorial Bridge. Head toward the Turnpike and take the next exit for US 40 East. Turn right at the light onto County Route 540. Keep your eyes peeled for two things: the route will turn several times, and there are a lot of old AAA white guide signs from the 1930s still posted at intersections. As you get toward Vineland, turn right on CR 655 (Alvine Rd.) or CR 638 (Gershal Ave.), then left on NJ 56 and get on NJ 55 south.**

From the Philly area, take the Ben Franklin or Walt Whitman Bridge. Head south on I-76 through I-295 interchange construction. You can take NJ 55 the rest of the way, or use routes like NJ 47 and CR 553 to get off the freeway for a bit. If it's your thing, you can take US 322 to a new roundabout at Rowan University. Ultimately, get back on NJ 55 south.**

**Take NJ 55 south until it ends, through the Super-2 that was intended to be temporary. When 47 and 347 split you have your choice of route — 347 is probably more interesting for the ride down in daylight. Just after NJ 83, make your first left that's not a dead end onto CR 657, which becomes Stone Harbor Blvd., which takes you to the restaurant.

If you're coming from New Jersey, just pick any roads you want, cause you're already awesome.

jeffandnicole

Just a small side note for those taking Route 55...

For those that have read in the media over the past few months about the huge Inversand marl pit in Mantua/Sewell, NJ where numerous dinosaur bones have been dug up, you will pass the site on Route 55 just before Interchange 53. If you want to catch a glimpse of the pit, take Exit 53 A.  At the 3rd traffic light (it's within 1/2 mile of Rt. 55), turn Right into the Target parking lot, and go straight back along the side of the building.  You'll see the top of the pit thru the bare trees.

The pit has been in existence for several decades actually, but only recently have it received significant publicity and Inversand started providing limited access to it. 

PHLBOS

I may will be able to attend this event.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Alps

Alps

We are on for the SENJ Roads Meet tomorrow at the Bar and Grill in Stone Harbor, NJ (Stone Harbor Blvd. east of Garden State Pkwy.).  We're planning to begin at 12:00 with the lunch portion, but with some messy weather possible in the afternoon, the tour portion will happen whenever we're ready to allow for no change in conditions (precipitation is forecast to be rain starting at noon or so).

take THAT garnell

cpzilliacus

Anyone by chance seen my Sony camera (with which i took a meet photograph)?

I have not been able to find the darned thing since the meet.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.