AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Author Topic: 2019 meets  (Read 50189 times)

froggie

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 11:08:21 PM
    • Froggie's Place
Re: 2019 meets
« Reply #125 on: February 21, 2019, 02:43:54 PM »

Facebook Events

'Nuff said...

US71

• Road Scholar , Master of Snark

• Mad man with a camera

• Last Login: April 06, 2023, 10:39:02 PM
    • The Road Less Taken
« Reply #126 on: February 21, 2019, 03:28:39 PM »

I know we’re now less than a week away from the Jacksonville Road Meet now, but unfortunately the weather forecast looks less than favorable now. Gonna postpone this meet until later this year instead of canceling it outright.

According to the National Weather Service, Jacksonville's forecast for Saturday is partly sunny with a high near 81. What's "less than favorable" about that?

From what I was going off of, Facebook Events said that there was a possibility of rain showers in the forecast for Saturday.

I just checked the National Weather Service page: 40 percent chance of rain after 1pm, or 60 percent chance of NO rain ;)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

SSOWorld

• 'Sconsin

• Interstate <Make up your mind!>

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 07:24:47 PM
« Reply #127 on: February 21, 2019, 08:02:12 PM »

That’s not what the Weather Channel said this evening nor did any of the local television news channels/stations.
For your entertainment purposes only
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

PHLBOS

• Last Login: February 02, 2024, 08:18:30 PM
« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2019, 09:27:22 AM »

That’s not what the Weather Channel said this evening nor did any of the local television news channels/stations.
For your entertainment purposes only
While true, I don’t usually remember to check the NWS website, unlike some of y’all.
"With great power/privilege comes great responsibility." - Stan Lee 1922-2018, Creator of Spiderman

The use of third-person for the below is intentional.

When one is planning/hosting an event that is subject to weather conditions; it is that individual's responsibility to check/verify possible forecasts/conditions through reputable sources (note the plural) prior to making the decision whether to postpone/cancel said-event/gathering.  Even if doing such means deviating from one's normal habits/routines.

Note: the above can be applied towards any type of group gathering not just road meets.

Something to ponder in the future.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Alps

• y u m

• Elimitante the truck trarffic,

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 09:45:18 PM
    • Alps' Roads
« Reply #129 on: March 01, 2019, 10:58:36 PM »

Pittsburgh now set for August 10.

Amtrakprod

• In support of an all flashing yellow arrow USA!

• Last Login: November 27, 2023, 05:46:55 PM
    • Amtrak Productions
« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2019, 11:22:45 PM »

Pittsburgh now set for August 10.
My birthday lmao
Roadgeek, railfan, and crossing signal fan. From Massachusetts, and in high school. Youtube is my website link. Loves FYAs signals. Interest in Bicycle Infrastructure. Owns one Leotech Pedestrian Signal, and a Safetran Type 1 E bell.

jon12791

• Last Login: March 15, 2024, 10:21:28 PM
« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2019, 11:39:53 AM »

Last I heard, yes, sometime after the new Champlain Bridge opens.

Newberryport, MA has also been talked about a couple times, and is mentioned earlier in this thread.  Is that still a potential for this year?

Yes, I am still considering a Newburyport (or really, Newbury is more like it), MA meet, which would be likely in early November.
I'd do it, I'm only 14 but IDK Peabody has some very interesting signals I'd love to see, like the new right turn FYA in downtown.

Keep me in the loop of when this will be please: jef12791@yahoo.com

Dougtone

• I'm Doug and I approve this message.

• Last Login: March 17, 2024, 04:18:44 PM
    • Gribblenation
« Reply #132 on: March 23, 2019, 06:02:56 PM »

Last I heard, yes, sometime after the new Champlain Bridge opens.

Newberryport, MA has also been talked about a couple times, and is mentioned earlier in this thread.  Is that still a potential for this year?

Yes, I am still considering a Newburyport (or really, Newbury is more like it), MA meet, which would be likely in early November.
I'd do it, I'm only 14 but IDK Peabody has some very interesting signals I'd love to see, like the new right turn FYA in downtown.

Keep me in the loop of when this will be please: jef12791@yahoo.com

I have a dedicated thread set up on the AARoads Forum for the Newburyport meet, so that will be the best place to find out about any updates.
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=24448.0

Highway63

• Last Login: January 24, 2023, 06:22:05 PM
    • Iowa Highway Ends
« Reply #133 on: April 10, 2019, 11:39:31 PM »

I have a couple questions...

Jason - are you still considering hosting something in Albuquerque this summer?
Scott - are you still considering hosting a meet in LaCrosse?

Are there other meets that have been talked about but not been added to this list yet?

Just so you all know, I am having second thoughts on Albuquerque, its a done deal, my wife, mother in law and I are going but it will be for one of my biggest toy conventions of the year and logistic wise it may not work for me  to host a meet there when my primary focus will be selling diecast cars to several hundred people and it would not be fair to Steph and her mom who will be doing the tourist thing while I am selling. Also I now have a Memphis meet planned for later this spring (4/13 is looking like the potential date for this) and another central PA based meet for April or May 2020.
So...this is awkward. I haven't been here often, I know, and I should have said something earlier. But my first vacation request of this year, which had to be done by last Thanksgiving, was made on the expectation of an Albuquerque meet on July 20.

If it's not going to happen, well, that doesn't prevent me from driving there anyway I suppose. But I would like some further details, if there are any since that January post.

kevinb1994

• Last Login: March 20, 2023, 11:58:31 PM
« Reply #134 on: April 11, 2019, 09:18:41 AM »

I have a couple questions...

Jason - are you still considering hosting something in Albuquerque this summer?
Scott - are you still considering hosting a meet in LaCrosse?

Are there other meets that have been talked about but not been added to this list yet?

Just so you all know, I am having second thoughts on Albuquerque, its a done deal, my wife, mother in law and I are going but it will be for one of my biggest toy conventions of the year and logistic wise it may not work for me  to host a meet there when my primary focus will be selling diecast cars to several hundred people and it would not be fair to Steph and her mom who will be doing the tourist thing while I am selling. Also I now have a Memphis meet planned for later this spring (4/13 is looking like the potential date for this) and another central PA based meet for April or May 2020.
So...this is awkward. I haven't been here often, I know, and I should have said something earlier. But my first vacation request of this year, which had to be done by last Thanksgiving, was made on the expectation of an Albuquerque meet on July 20.

If it's not going to happen, well, that doesn't prevent me from driving there anyway I suppose. But I would like some further details, if there are any since that January post.

Meet’s been postponed until further notice, pending meet host being able to host or not.

jpi

• Location: Lebanon, TN Home of the Barrel originally from York, PA
  • Last Login: March 18, 2024, 03:31:24 PM
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2019, 09:29:57 AM »

Kevin- if you are referring to Albuquerque yes I have decided not to host it and here is why, I will be too busy selling diecast toys at a hotel since this is during a BIG diecast toy convention and Steph and her mother will be sight seeing around Albuquerque, sorry guys but the logistics just won't work for me to do this.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

kevinb1994

« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2019, 09:37:58 AM »

Kevin- if you are referring to Albuquerque yes I have decided not to host it and here is why, I will be too busy selling diecast toys at a hotel since this is during a BIG diecast toy convention and Steph and her mother will be sight seeing around Albuquerque, sorry guys but the logistics just won't work for me to do this.

Yeah I just wanted to remind everyone that that you decided to back off for now, thanks for the reminder/update.

Alps

• y u m

• Alps' Roads
« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2019, 02:46:17 PM »

Yeah I just wanted to remind everyone that that you decided to back off for now, thanks for the reminder/update.
You are not the meet police. Please stop posting only to echo what other people have said. Please do not speak for others. It is a forum rule to only comment if you are adding content. Echoing others is not adding content.

kevinb1994

« Reply #138 on: April 11, 2019, 05:53:12 PM »

You are not the meet police. Please stop posting only to echo what other people have said. Please do not speak for others. It is a forum rule to only comment if you are adding content. Echoing others is not adding content.

I wasn’t even aware of that rule. It was all just to help out Highway63, sheesh.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 05:58:26 PM by kevinb1994 »

kphoger

• My 2 Achilles' heels: sarcasm & snark

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 09:31:10 PM
« Reply #139 on: April 11, 2019, 07:20:14 PM »

I wasn’t even aware of that rule.

Might as well read the forum guidelines.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. Dick
If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

noelbotevera

• Now at a Redbox kiosk near you!

• Last Login: February 14, 2024, 02:22:16 AM
« Reply #140 on: April 11, 2019, 09:45:52 PM »

Dropping in by just to inform y'all about Pittsburgh updates. Date is totally set for August 10th, and a Facebook event page now exists.

Link to the Facebook page.

kevinb1994

« Reply #141 on: April 12, 2019, 03:57:29 PM »

Dropping in by just to inform y'all about Pittsburgh updates. Date is totally set for August 10th, and a Facebook event page now exists.

Link to the Facebook page.

I clicked on interested and said I would be attending pending my availability and airfare. Thanks for the link, by the way.

kphoger

• My 2 Achilles' heels: sarcasm & snark

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 09:31:10 PM
« Reply #142 on: April 12, 2019, 04:05:33 PM »

In all fairness...  The forum guidelines only discourage bumping topics that are more than 120 days old.  Furthermore, the last input I actually see in this thread about the Albuquerque meet is that jpi was "having second thoughts" and that it "may not work."  AFAIK, it was never explicitly stated there would be no Albuquerque meet.  So =kevinb1994 was indeed adding content to the discussion.  (Maybe I missed something, though.)
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. Dick
If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kevinb1994

« Reply #143 on: April 12, 2019, 04:11:35 PM »

In all fairness...  The forum guidelines only discourage bumping topics that are more than 120 days old.  Furthermore, the last input I actually see in this thread about the Albuquerque meet is that jpi was "having second thoughts" and that it "may not work."  AFAIK, it was never explicitly stated there would be no Albuquerque meet.  So =kevinb1994 was indeed adding content to the discussion.  (Maybe I missed something, though.)

Hmm. Perhaps. Maybe, maybe not. IDK. -scratches head-

Alps

• y u m

• Alps' Roads
« Reply #144 on: April 12, 2019, 08:40:51 PM »

This adds nothing to the discussion.

kevinb1994

« Reply #145 on: April 12, 2019, 10:38:38 PM »

I was just wondering if that what kphoger said was actually true or not. Sheesh.

Alps

• y u m

• Alps' Roads
« Reply #146 on: April 12, 2019, 10:57:32 PM »

I was just wondering if that what kphoger said was actually true or not. Sheesh.
Wonder to yourself.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.