News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

2020 meets

Started by A.J. Bertin, August 01, 2019, 09:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takumi

Recently I've been kicking around the idea of a Powhatan/Midlothian, VA meet, since the area has some interesting sites and recent construction. However, the US 60 corridor in Powhatan County has several planned projects, so I may put that off until those are done.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

csw

I've been thinking about holding a mini-meet in the Greensboro, NC, area, before I leave SW Virginia at the end of 2020. Possible sights include construction progress on I-73 and I-840 in Greensboro and the US 64 bypass of Asheboro (scheduled to finish in September). I think I'd need a few more ideas to have a full "tour" but if there's interest I'll do some proper scouting. Most likely would happen in the fall (September-November).

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: csw on July 09, 2020, 07:29:49 PM
I've been thinking about holding a mini-meet in the Greensboro, NC, area, before I leave SW Virginia at the end of 2020. Possible sights include construction progress on I-73 and I-840 in Greensboro and the US 64 bypass of Asheboro (scheduled to finish in September). I think I'd need a few more ideas to have a full "tour" but if there's interest I'll do some proper scouting. Most likely would happen in the fall (September-November).

This sounds fun!  I would be very interested, but if this is held in October, there's pretty much no chance I'd be able to make it because of other long-distance road meets (from home) that I'm planning to attend that month... one in San Antonio TX and one in Kansas City.  Between September and November, it would be more likely, I think, that I could attend this in November.  I guess we also need to see what's going on with the COVID pandemic in the fall.
-A.J. from Michigan

Takumi

Quote from: csw on July 09, 2020, 07:29:49 PM
I'd be interested. I haven't been to Greensboro as a destination in a long time (only passing through on Charlotte trips), so it'd be cool to see some stuff after almost 20 years. It'd also give me a chance to clinch US 311 and, if I'm feeling adventurous enough, US 158.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

A.J. Bertin

I updated the list of planned/proposed 2020 meets at the top of this thread.  Obviously, COVID is a huge factor this year... so who knows if all of these meets will actually happen, but it doesn't hurt to stay positive.  Are there any meets anyone is hosting (or considering hosting) in 2020 that I've forgotten to include in the list?
-A.J. from Michigan

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.