Saratoga Springs, NY dinner - March 6, 2020

Started by froggie, February 02, 2020, 10:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rothman

Hope the location is decided upon before Friday...
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Duke87

Quote from: vdeane on February 29, 2020, 09:20:34 PM
I'm not one for Japanese or sushi

I'm not either, but don't let my fussiness spoil other people's enjoyment.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Dougtone

I think Doug might have been thinking of the Kinjo Japanese Steak House.

I'm not one for Japanese or sushi, but the menu has General Tso's Chicken in the kitchen entrees, so I can probably do that.

Yes, it was Kinjo that I was thinking of then. I recalled there being a Japanese restaurant in the same plaza as Three Vines, so this makes sense.

This is what I should be looking at: https://g.page/DUOJapanese?share

Alps

I remember enjoying the Olde Bryan, plus there's better dessert at a pub, and everyone should be able to find food they'll eat...

Dougtone

Quote from: Alps on March 01, 2020, 07:20:56 PM
I remember enjoying the Olde Bryan, plus there's better dessert at a pub, and everyone should be able to find food they'll eat...

We went to the Seven Horse Pub the first couple of years we had this dinner, not the Olde Bryan. Seven Horse has since closed, IIRC.

Alps

Quote from: Dougtone on March 01, 2020, 07:33:43 PM
Quote from: Alps on March 01, 2020, 07:20:56 PM

We went to the Seven Horse Pub the first couple of years we had this dinner, not the Olde Bryan. Seven Horse has since closed, IIRC.
And that's why my memories have transferred to the Bryan.

Dougtone

Quote from: Dougtone on March 01, 2020, 07:11:07 PM
I think Doug might have been thinking of the Kinjo Japanese Steak House.

I'm not one for Japanese or sushi, but the menu has General Tso's Chicken in the kitchen entrees, so I can probably do that.

Yes, it was Kinjo that I was thinking of then. I recalled there being a Japanese restaurant in the same plaza as Three Vines, so this makes sense.

This is what I should be looking at: https://g.page/DUOJapanese?share

You know, Kinjo could work too.
https://kinjosaratoga.menucities.com/default.aspx

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Duke87

If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Alps

So, unbiased, I looked up Kinjo vs. Duo. I only found one article directly comparing them, and that's back in 2016.
http://www.saratogafoodfanatic.com/battle-of-hibachi-kinjo-vs-duo/ comments: "I must say that my friends and I all agree that Kinjo was much better. The prices, the portions and the flavors were all fantastic." "Big fan of Kinjo. Have been close to a dozen times since they opened. Have not tried the hibachi because not my thing, but the other dishes are high quality and beautifully presented across the board."

That said, both seem to be reviewed just fine in Yelp, and I'm going either way.

Verlanka

kalvado

Since @froggie is not responding - and I wouldn't be surprised if his event is cancelled due to virus scare - we have to make our mind if we still want to meet without our host; and if we do - who is taking the lead and makes tough choices regarding the place to meet.

Dougtone

Quote from: kalvado on March 03, 2020, 10:10:02 AM
Since @froggie is not responding - and I wouldn't be surprised if his event is cancelled due to virus scare - we have to make our mind if we still want to meet without our host; and if we do - who is taking the lead and makes tough choices regarding the place to meet.

He's likely been busy, but at least reading along with our conversation. But if there was an issue that would change his attendance (like if the conference was cancelled), I suspect Froggie would let us know. If that happens to be the case, I will take charge. But in any event, please be patient.

Dougtone

jeffandnicole

If the virus scare cancels plans to meet up with a few friends, how are people going to live for the next several months?

froggie

Doug's right...I've been busy.  In the middle of a 7-day stretch straight of work before going to the conference.

I'm willing to entertain Kinjo, though my preference is not to do hibachi.

cl94

Quote from: froggie on March 03, 2020, 12:06:05 PM

I'm monitoring this (not that I am likely to attend thanks to traveling the next morning), but Druthers (link) is something I'm surprised hasn't been suggested yet. A few more options for the picky eaters.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

hbelkins

Quote from: jeffandnicole on March 03, 2020, 11:59:27 AM

If the virus scare cancels any American event, how are people going to live for the next several months?

FIFY. The amount of hysteria over this is, well, hysterical.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: hbelkins on March 03, 2020, 01:37:59 PM

If the virus scare cancels any American event, how are people going to live for the next several months?

Please direct your concern towards Tim Brown and the Cincy meet in May.
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=25466.75
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Dougtone

Quote from: hbelkins on March 03, 2020, 01:37:59 PM

What about Canada? Please don't forget our Canadian friends.

Rothman

Quote from: Dougtone on March 03, 2020, 10:57:38 AM

He's likely been busy, but at least reading along with our conversation. But if there was an issue that would change his attendance (like if the conference was cancelled), I suspect Froggie would let us know. If that happens to be the case, I will take charge. But in any event, please be patient.
Reminds me of Al Haig. :D

Dougtone

Quote from: cl94 on March 03, 2020, 01:05:47 PM
Quote from: froggie on March 03, 2020, 12:06:05 PM

I'm monitoring this (not that I am likely to attend thanks to traveling the next morning), but Druthers (link) is something I'm surprised hasn't been suggested yet. A few more options for the picky eaters.

Druthers didn't cross my mind at all.

Alps

cl94

Druthers MIGHT actually make me willing to drop $20-30 on food to socialize, even if I'm already dropping a crapton of money over the following week plus.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

froggie

Sorry, Josh.  I'd really like sushi (which is basically impossible to find in the NEK), so I think we'll go with Kinjo.

Kinjo it is.  7pm Friday.  Wondering if we should get a headcount to make a reservation.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.