Elmsford, NY Mini-Meet - 10/30/21

Started by roadwaywiz95, November 06, 2021, 11:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

This discussion about invitational events and social get-togethers makes me think that I have no idea who the nearest forum members are to me. It's definitely a lot easier for those along the I-95 megalopolis corridor to meet than some of the rest of us.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: Alps on November 10, 2021, 12:14:47 AM
Quote from: Rothman on November 09, 2021, 05:53:26 PM
Quote from: jayhawkco on November 09, 2021, 05:51:34 PM
Quote from: Rothman on November 09, 2021, 04:02:25 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on November 09, 2021, 10:57:22 AM
People are entitled to have private gatherings.

No.  No, they are not.

People take you way too seriously.

Chris
They do not take me seriously enough, from the look of things.  All gatherings must be duly announced and open to the forum.  This idea of people just getting together on their own -- it's just a ghastly thought and beyond the pale.
The only reason I get your humor is because I know you in person. I will say, because I've gotten the same feedback WAY too many times... add a smiley once in awhile. (:

I mean, from a casual observer's point of view, what's the fun in that?  I kind of like watching people get worked up about something I can clearly tell is a joke.  We read signs in this forum, not subtlety.  :colorful:

Chris

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Alps

Quote from: jayhawkco on November 10, 2021, 03:16:14 PM
Quote from: Alps on November 10, 2021, 12:14:47 AM
Quote from: Rothman on November 09, 2021, 05:53:26 PM
Quote from: jayhawkco on November 09, 2021, 05:51:34 PM
Quote from: Rothman on November 09, 2021, 04:02:25 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on November 09, 2021, 10:57:22 AM
People are entitled to have private gatherings.

No.  No, they are not.

People take you way too seriously.

Chris
They do not take me seriously enough, from the look of things.  All gatherings must be duly announced and open to the forum.  This idea of people just getting together on their own -- it's just a ghastly thought and beyond the pale.
The only reason I get your humor is because I know you in person. I will say, because I've gotten the same feedback WAY too many times... add a smiley once in awhile. (:

I mean, from a casual observer's point of view, what's the fun in that?  I kind of like watching people get worked up about something I can clearly tell is a joke.  We read signs in this forum, not subtlety.  :colorful:

Chris
Some people are less normal than others

NJRoadfan

Hey now, some of us have crashed one of these allowed clouds. Of course it helps that absolutely nobody expects anyone to actually drive to deep South Jersey.

74/171FAN

Quote from: NJRoadfan on November 29, 2021, 11:03:20 PM
Hey now, some of us have crashed one of these allowed clouds. Of course it helps that absolutely nobody expects anyone to actually drive to deep South Jersey.
I expect myself to do so eventually to clinch NJ 109 whenever I do the Cape May-Lewes Ferry.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

kalvado

Quote from: Rothman on November 07, 2021, 08:12:11 AM
Quote from: Alps on November 07, 2021, 01:45:42 AM
Quote from: Rothman on November 06, 2021, 10:51:49 PM
I dunno.  It's not really a meet if it's not open to members of the forum.
We've had invitational meets.
Yeah, I'm not being the most eloquent here.

Just wondering how "invitational meets" or even just a few friends just getting together should be presented on the forum to prevent the perception of cliques or tiers of forum participants (I suppose just FOMO... :D).
You work on Wolf Rd, correct? I am totally willing to invite you for lunch, and we can clinch NY 9-whatever the number of Wolf is. Would be the most exclusive meet of a.net

Rothman

Quote from: kalvado on November 30, 2021, 08:32:49 AM
Quote from: Rothman on November 07, 2021, 08:12:11 AM
Quote from: Alps on November 07, 2021, 01:45:42 AM
Quote from: Rothman on November 06, 2021, 10:51:49 PM
I dunno.  It's not really a meet if it's not open to members of the forum.
We've had invitational meets.
Yeah, I'm not being the most eloquent here.

Just wondering how "invitational meets" or even just a few friends just getting together should be presented on the forum to prevent the perception of cliques or tiers of forum participants (I suppose just FOMO... :D).
You work on Wolf Rd, correct? I am totally willing to invite you for lunch, and we can clinch NY 9-whatever the number of Wolf is. Would be the most exclusive meet of a.net

I certainly appreciate the invitation, but I do not work on Wolf Road.  Thanks!
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.