News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

A friendly hello from Daniel (dcbjms)

Started by dcbjms, February 11, 2015, 05:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcbjms

Or, if you prefer, Dan.  (NEVER Danny.)

Well, after a while lurking here, I made it.  I'm 26, currently living in Rhode Island (to be specific, Pawtucket) and - apart from four years at university in Ottawa, ON - I've lived here all my life.  Also currently unemployed, but I might get a job with a group that does advocacy for the blind in RI that also does audiobooks - in addition to my other positions as an usher at a local theatre and also helping with a local food pantry near the Providence/Pawtucket line.  I used to be active over at GMInsideNews, and I'm currently (semi-)active with a few history-related boards.  I've always been interested in cartography and travel, and though I've been out of the loop for a while I still retain some interest in cars in general, so I guess it would flow naturally that I'd make it here.

That's about it, for now.  Now anxiously waiting for the next storm to go away so I don't have to do more shoveling - especially since we've had workmen 'round our house since Thanksgiving, since Mom not only wants the dining room redone, but she also wants a deck.

Zeffy

Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

JakeFromNewEngland

Welcome! Hopefully you stay warm in this horrible New England weather. We've been spared from the worst here in southwestern CT.

hotdogPi

Northeastern Massachusetts is getting 2 feet 12 parsecs of snow every week for the last 3 weeks.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

dcbjms

Thanks, guys.  And thank you, Zeffy, for solving my registration problem.

Quote from: JakeFromNewEngland on February 11, 2015, 06:30:57 PM
Welcome! Hopefully you stay warm in this horrible New England weather. We've been spared from the worst here in southwestern CT.

We're trying to.  The trouble here this year is the city, which has been doing a horrible job plowing the streets.  That 2½ to 3 feet didn't help at all, especially when there's a dumpster on the driveway.  (Which was removed last week, yes, but the problems still remain.)  While the main streets (like Newport Ave./US 1A) are somewhat okay, as is much of downtown, it's the side streets that are driving us crazy.  My street, for example, is a cul-de-sac, but since the massive blizzard the plows have been narrowing the street, where we fear that eventually it will be so narrow that neither Mom can get out to go to work nor would the contractors and workmen come in to do their job.  The worst is the bus stops - I use RIPTA, our statewide public transit network, extensively, and the vast majority of the bus stops haven't been cleared out on the routes I use, forcing people to walk on the street (and thus be walking potential traffic hazards).  I'm so mad at our DPW and the Mayor at this point.

SignGeek101

Welcome from Clearview Winnipeg!

We don't have much snow here; no more than 30-40 cm (12-16") on the ground.

davewiecking

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Alex

Welcome to the board!

Was just through Pawtucket in October. Be sure to check out those new state-named shields for Interstate 95 within the vicinity of Exit 29.

dcbjms

Once again, thanks guys for the welcome.

Quote from: Alex on February 12, 2015, 11:15:48 AM
Was just through Pawtucket in October. Be sure to check out those new state-named shields for Interstate 95 within the vicinity of Exit 29.

Yes - those are interesting, as that is never a "thing", as you guys probably well know with the way we usually do our signage (which I honestly think is deliberately designed to confuse tourists and locals alike unless one already knows where to go).  Though the intersection design is somewhat wrong, as I've seen people going on the Division St. only lane just to get onto 95 (which is probably what the designers and engineers did NOT have in mind) instead of the designated lane despite the signage clearly stating otherwise.  Oh well.

slorydn1

Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

OCGuy81

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.