News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

AA Roads Forum Invites YOU!

Started by yanksfan6129, May 10, 2009, 06:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yanksfan6129

Consider this a "universal call to post-iness."

We like talking about roads. And if you joined this forum, we'd bet that you like to as well. So, we want to see more contributions from ALL MEMBERS (although I admit that this is specifically targeted towards the many members with zero posts).

Everyone wants to hear your viewpoint. We want to know what roads or features of roads or anything road related that you like. And to do this, we want you to POST! It's fun to have interesting conversations and debates.

So, come on, why don't you type up something thoughtful and click that "post" button. We want to hear from you. Give it a shot!

US71

Question:

Why does Arkansas spend $9 Million to fix 30year old bridges that are not structurally deficient, but won't properly fix a road that washes away every Spring?
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

yanksfan6129

^ Why don't you start a thread about it in the south east roads section? ;-)

Chris

The United States is a country with over 300,000,000 people. I guess there are like 400 members here, so there are still 299,999,600 potential people who might be interested in roads! (and thus in this forum). Maybe it needs some advertising, but it also takes a while before forums get picked up by search indexers like Google.

un1

Moderator of the Canada and Off Topic boards.

Thunder Bay Expressway - Highway 61 and 11/17 Ontario - Thunder Bay, Ontario

Voyager

Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

Norn-Iron

QuoteTe United States is a country with over 300,000,000 people. I guess there are like 400 members here, so there are still 299,999,600 potential people who might be interested in roads! (and thus in this forum). Maybe it needs some advertising, but it also takes a while before forums get picked up by search indexers like Google.

Not just the US though... Maybe some more international members?
EDIT - Google would do that nicely.

Chris

Quote from: un1 on May 11, 2009, 03:16:40 PM
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=com.google:en-US:official&hs=qeG&ei=dXkISp_XEpa0Nfj9_M0E&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=AA+Roads+Forum&spell=1

AARoads itself is advertised in Google so everything on its server is too.

I don't think "AA Roads Forum" is a common searchphrase though... I think it's more important the forum is also displayed when you search for "I-70" or "Interstate 17" or "Freeway".

Bryant5493

Glad that we're back together.

Be well,

Bryant
Check out my YouTube page (http://youtube.com/Bryant5493). I have numerous road videos of Metro Atlanta and other areas in the Southeast.

I just signed up on photobucket -- here's my page (http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt24/Bryant5493).

Chris

Yeah me too! :)

Hope it works out very well, AAroads is still the roadgeek flagship on the internet!

mightyace

It's good to be back in business again!
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Truvelo

I'm confused now :-/

Does this mean anything posted at roadforums.com won't appear on here?
Speed limits limit life

Alex

Yes, that forum is not associated with the AARoads forum. Your posts there will have to be reposted here.

WillWeaverRVA

Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

CityBoy1986

Thanks to all who made this possible!

yanksfan6129

deathtopumpkins

Yeah, welcome back. Hopefully no more drama...
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

austrini

Quote from: Chris on May 11, 2009, 04:23:36 AM
The United States is a country with over 300,000,000 people. I guess there are like 400 members here, so there are still 299,999,600 potential people who might be interested in roads! (and thus in this forum). Maybe it needs some advertising, but it also takes a while before forums get picked up by search indexers like Google.

The vast majority of Americans have no idea what the difference is between an Interstate Highway, a US Highway, or a State Highway. It makes me wish we had A-, B-, C-... sometimes!

"I was driving down Interstate 75..."
"you mean US 75"
"but its a freeway"
"well, some US highways are freeways"
**crickets**

I'd hope perhaps 1,000,000 would be into roads but that might be overreaching a bit. :)
AICP (2012), GISP (2020) | Formerly TX, now UK

Voyager

Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

agentsteel53

live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Greybear

Hot diggity damn!!!

It's good to be back!!!

bugo

Quote from: austrini on May 22, 2009, 07:00:05 PM
"I was driving down Interstate 75..."
"you mean US 75"
"but its a freeway"
"well, some US highways are freeways"
**crickets**

I hear "I-75" up here, when US 75 peters out to an expressway at 96th Street N and has a TRAFFIC LIGHT just south of the Creek Turnpike.  The freeway section of US 75 is only 23 miles long. 

Scott5114

Quote from: bugo on May 23, 2009, 05:26:12 AM
I hear "I-75" up here, when US 75 peters out to an expressway at 96th Street N and has a TRAFFIC LIGHT just south of the Creek Turnpike.  The freeway section of US 75 is only 23 miles long. 

You should look all confused and say "Wait, I have to go through Knoxville? You didn't say anything about THAT..."
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

US71

Quote from: bugo on May 23, 2009, 05:26:12 AM

Along US 67 north of Little Rock, people call it "The Interstate", thougn NOT "Interstate 67" (thank goodness)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.