News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

HAWK Signal in Little Rock

Started by TheArkansasRoadgeek, March 13, 2019, 09:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheArkansasRoadgeek

I was interested to see what things were coming to Little Rock (besides crime). I know Little Rock implements a lot of things you don't see over on the west side of the state.

ART Plans - Est. Completion Year: 2019
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

jakeroot

^^ Your URL has quotes in it. You'll want to fix that.

https://www.littlerock.gov/media/4562/ar-river-trail.pdf

Nice to see all those raised crosswalks. They're not always wise for wide main arterials with high speed limits, but they work well on neighborhood streets and at crossroads IMO (especially when the whole intersection is raised).

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: jakeroot on March 13, 2019, 09:23:23 PM
^^ Your URL has quotes in it. You'll want to fix that.

https://www.littlerock.gov/media/4562/ar-river-trail.pdf

Nice to see all those raised crosswalks. They're not always wise for wide main arterials with high speed limits, but they work well on neighborhood streets and at crossroads IMO (especially when the whole intersection is raised).
Oops. It's been a minute.

I am always surprised to see the state has their hands in something around Little Rock or North Little Rock. In this case it is ROW related, but there have been situations I never would have thought ArDOT would've been involved with.

Yeah, I was just watching the FHWA's YouTube channel and saw several illustrations in regards to pedestrian safety implementations, such as raised crosswalks, refuge islands and a few others that have slipped my mind.
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.