News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Greetings from Central California

Started by chippie, June 06, 2018, 10:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chippie

Hello! As you can tell by the name, I spend a lot of my time on California's busy roadways. I currently patrol in Central California, but have spent most of my career along the central coast/bay area.   

Ever since taking a college summer road trip from Northern California to Southern Wyoming, I became obsessed with the open road. I have made multiple road trips across the US, the furthest being northwest FL to Sacramento, CA (not a straight route, had to visit friends in TN and CO). I just recently planned a drive over SR-130, and during my research I discovered aaroads. I knew I had to sign up!

I am hoping to avoid "law enforcement" discussions during my time here, but would be more than willing to answer questions related to collisions, traffic safety, and the California vehicle code. Thanks!

hotdogPi

Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Alex

adwerkema

Max Rockatansky

What part of California.  I'm out of the Central Valley, seems like most the California folks are spread out. 

adventurernumber1

Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

mrsman

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on June 06, 2018, 11:34:34 AM
What part of California.  I'm out of the Central Valley, seems like most the California folks are spread out.

You better watch your speed.  You don't want to be pulled over by a fellow forum member.   :-D

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: mrsman on June 06, 2018, 07:31:42 PM

You better watch your speed.  You don't want to be pulled over by a fellow forum member.   :-D

If I recall correctly I believe the standing edict is "eight your fine, nine your mine."    Really though I'm hardly on any roads that CHP would regularly patrol.  I try to avoid freeways in general, 99 especially. 

chippie

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on June 06, 2018, 07:40:17 PM

If I recall correctly I believe the standing edict is "eight your fine, nine your mine."    Really though I'm hardly on any roads that CHP would regularly patrol.  I try to avoid freeways in general, 99 especially. 

Never heard that one before. I never give a hard and fast answer about speed enforcement, but if you follow that rule I'm fairly certain you wont see lights behind you. ;-)

CHP patrols all public unincorporated roads in CA (aka outside the city limits). 99 is a busy freeway, but there have been many improvements over the years.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: chippie on June 06, 2018, 10:58:28 PM

Never heard that one before. I never give a hard and fast answer about speed enforcement, but if you follow that rule I'm fairly certain you wont see lights behind you. ;-)

CHP patrols all public unincorporated roads in CA (aka outside the city limits). 99 is a busy freeway, but there have been many improvements over the years.

Really logic would dictate probably some sort of Felony threshold for speeding.  I believe DPS was going for people doing a 11 MPH or over in Arizona, I know for sure all the speed trap cameras on AZ 101 in Scottsdale were set to it.  But that said its been years since I've looked at at the ARS or any state traffic manual/statutory publication so suffice to say I'm just speculating at best. 

But with that in mind I've noticed some enforcement on some of the more traveled farm roads in Fresno County.  Manning Avenue comes to mind as a problem road which gets a lot of attention from CHP and Fresno County.

Regardless, from what you said I know you here to talk about roads and not your job.  Welcome to the forum, we have a lot of topics over on the Pacific Southwest Board you might find interesting.

paulthemapguy

In north central Illinois, I heard it's "Nine you're fine; ten you're mine."  The price tag on speeding tickets increases in Illinois with every increment of 5mph IIRC.  So 10mph over the limit gets you more dough.

This is a place for road stuff, not cop stuff though.  So if your intent is to stay away from the cop stuff, you're in the right place!  I hear Central Cali is the "Midwest" of California.  Regardless, welcome from the real Midwest! =D
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

Hurricane Rex

ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

jon daly

Welcome. I was at DLI in Monterey 30 years ago and knew CA-1, CA-68, and US-101 well.

BakoCondors

That would be kind of hilarious.

BakoCondors

Quote from: chippie on June 06, 2018, 10:11:32 AM
Hello! As you can tell by the name, I spend a lot of my time on California's busy roadways. I currently patrol in Central California, but have spent most of my career along the central coast/bay area.   

Ever since taking a college summer road trip from Northern California to Southern Wyoming, I became obsessed with the open road. I have made multiple road trips across the US, the furthest being northwest FL to Sacramento, CA (not a straight route, had to visit friends in TN and CO). I just recently planned a drive over SR-130, and during my research I discovered aaroads. I knew I had to sign up!

I am hoping to avoid "law enforcement" discussions during my time here, but would be more than willing to answer questions related to collisions, traffic safety, and the California vehicle code. Thanks!

Welcome chippie. If you see a little blue car with San Francisco Giants, Los Angeles Kings and Chicago Bears stickers on the back, give a wave  :wave:

kkt

Quote from: BakoCondors on June 15, 2018, 04:47:00 PM

We would never know.  The ticket wouldn't say Chippie as the ticketing officer, and our driver's licenses don't have our AARoads nicknames on them.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kkt on June 15, 2018, 04:53:14 PM
Quote from: BakoCondors on June 15, 2018, 04:47:00 PM

We would never know.  The ticket wouldn't say Chippie as the ticketing officer, and our driver's licenses don't have our AARoads nicknames on them.

You never know his name could be "Chip"  for all we know and I could end up changing my legal name, especially if I ever got a 73 Ford Falcon XB GT with a 351. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.