Regional Boards > Pacific Southwest

CA 203

<< < (5/5)

pderocco:

--- Quote from: Inyomono395 on October 01, 2022, 12:45:23 AM ---I can confirm that CA 203 goes all the way to the Madera County line. The END shield you saw is a turnable sign for winter maintenance. Mammoth mountain takes over maintenance from that sign to main lodge during the winter months and Caltrans maintains it the rest of the year. I work for Caltrans District 9

--- End quote ---

It's "turned" 90 degrees in the current Google Street View.

pderocco:

--- Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 30, 2022, 05:32:59 PM ---Part of me wonders that if the Forest Service has just extended Mammoth Pool Road would have anyone actually cared enough to object?  Somehow I donít think so given how very few people realize Sherman Pass Road exists.

--- End quote ---

Enviro activists will always object, and the existence of the Ansel Adams Wilderness means they will win.

Max Rockatansky:

--- Quote from: pderocco on October 02, 2022, 06:15:09 PM ---
--- Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 30, 2022, 05:32:59 PM ---Part of me wonders that if the Forest Service has just extended Mammoth Pool Road would have anyone actually cared enough to object?  Somehow I donít think so given how very few people realize Sherman Pass Road exists.

--- End quote ---

Enviro activists will always object, and the existence of the Ansel Adams Wilderness means they will win.

--- End quote ---

Seemingly they never objected to Sherman Pass, the question is why?  My theory is that the Forest Service isnít viewed as the same Evil Empire that the DOH was by the late 1960s/early 1970s environmental groups. 

All the same, the Ansel Adams Wilderness could always be rescinded if there was enough momentum to do so.  Considering what has happened elsewhere with stuff like National Monument designations this past decade Iím always skeptical when someone claims something is forever permanent.  Likely to happen though?Öof course not. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version