Non-Road Boards > Sports

NASCAR

(1/47) > >>

kenarmy:
Do you guys have some predictions for the 2021 nascar season?
I think
* Denny Hamlin will finally get his championship. He literally deserves this more than anybody.
* Bubba Wallace will get his first win, he's one of my picks for the daytona 500 as well.
* This is Kurt Busch's last season
* This is Ryan Newman's last season
* Alex Bowman and Chase Elliott will outdo the Penske cars
* Christopher Bell won't do the Joe Gibbs #20 justice. It's been going down since Matt Kenseth (my fave btw) left.
* I feel like Kyle Busch will be able to bounce back from his lackluster season.

thspfc:
I'm not going to waste time making any predictions because every single year I lose interest in NASCAR after like the 3rd race, when I realize that most of the tracks are really boring.

SP Cook:
- TV ratings will fall another 10%.
- When/if open live gates resume, it will be hard to tell the difference.
- Comcast will pull the plug on NBCSN the week after the Olympics, if held, or earlier if not.  Events on USA Network will reach new all time lows.
- No one at NASCAR management will do anything about these self-inflicted wounds.

NWI_Irish96:

--- Quote from: thspfc on February 13, 2021, 12:01:18 PM ---I'm not going to waste time making any predictions because every single year I lose interest in NASCAR after like the 3rd race, when I realize that most of the tracks are really boring.

--- End quote ---

Not sure if you've noticed, but:
1 of the 2 Dover races has been moved to Nashville
Chicago's oval race has been moved to the road course at Road America, WI
One of Texas' oval races has been moved to the road course at Austin
The Indy oval race has been moved to the road course
The Fontana, CA oval race has been moved to the Daytona road course (due to COVID)
One of the Bristol races will be run on dirt.

Due to the increased number of road courses, I expect Chase Elliott to easily make it through to the Championship 4. I expect Denny Hamlin and Kevin Harvick there as well. I think the last spot will be between Joey Logano, Alex Bowman, Kyle Busch and Martin Truex, Jr.

I give Elliott the slight edge to repeat, but really any of the drivers I named would not surprise me as champion.

Takumi:
-Kurt Busch retires from a full-time career, but follows Jimmie Johnsonís lead and goes racing in other series.
-Bubba Wallace wins a race before Kyle Larson, but Kyle has a better year overall.
-The road course races are the most exciting of the year.
-Final Four: Harvick, Elliott, Blaney, Kyle Busch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version