News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

NFL 2010

Started by golden eagle, September 14, 2010, 12:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

golden eagle

The NFL is back and week one had some of good and bad moments. Some of the more interesting things over the weekend:

-Detroit was robbed of a touchdown that Calvin Johnson caught in the end zone with no time left. I was rooting for the Bears and they definitely got away with one there.

-Wade Phillips should be fired as Dallas' coach. How do you not take a knee just being down 3-0 at half? What happened next? Tashard Choice fumbled and Deangelo Hall ran if 66 yards back the other way.

-New England made a statement with their win over Cincinnati.

-Houston may finally get over the hump and become a playoff contender. They manhandled the Colts 34-24, despite Peyton Manning's 3-TD, 400-plus yard performance.

-San Francisco is poised to win the NFC West, but it took a big step backwards with a humiliating loss at Seattle.

Of course, one game does not make or break a season, so we should really read too much into it. What else stood out to you on Week One?

Hot Rod Hootenanny

I must say it is hard for the Eagles to fly when your wings are clipped. (2 concussions, a torn arm musclee, and a torn knee) :no:
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Alps

The AFC looks incredibly weak this year.  All of the preseason favorites are flawed.  Colts lost to the Texans.  Jets have no offense whatsoever - or pass defense.  Bengals need to get their act together.  Patriots just aren't the team they were five years ago, and it will come out.  That leaves Miami and Pittsburgh as the likely two best teams, and that's how you know the AFC is weak.  The NFC East looks strong to me - between the Giants and the Cowboys, and possibly the Eagles if Vick stays at QB, you have your Super Bowl winner.  Sorry, Redskins.

bugo

Quote from: Adam Smith on September 14, 2010, 12:46:41 AM
I must say it is hard for the Eagles to fly when your wings are clipped. (2 concussions, a torn arm musclee, and a torn knee) :no:
And a dogkiller at QB.  They deserve all the bad karma they get for hiring that piece of shit.

mgk920

First Packers WIN in Philadelphia since 1962.

:cheers:

A messy win to be sure, but they are 1-0!

:biggrin:

Mike

mightyace

^^^

Insert comment here about blind squirrels finding nuts.

But, seriously, now I know how you Packers fans feel watching Brett Favre play in a Vikings uniform with Donovan McNabb playing for the Redskins.

And, no, I don't think McNabb is a better QB, he just played for one of 'my' teams.  Favre is a first ballot hall of famer, once he finally retires and can get on the ballot 5 years later.  McNabb is good, but not in the same league as Favre.  (pun intended)
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Bryant5493

Philadelphia could've won that game. Vick had a chance to run the ball in when they (Philly) was down seven. He had a wide open lane, but passed the ball.

Quote from: bugo on September 14, 2010, 01:35:53 AM
And a dogkiller at QB.  They deserve all the bad karma they get for hiring that piece of shit.

Well, Vick won't be the first or the last to be a dogfighter. He just got caught. He should've owned up to it earlier than he did, but he shouldn't be villainized because of it. Heck, folks're still doing it. Not saying that it's right or wrong -- it is what it is, though.

Be well,

Bryant
Check out my YouTube page (http://youtube.com/Bryant5493). I have numerous road videos of Metro Atlanta and other areas in the Southeast.

I just signed up on photobucket -- here's my page (http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt24/Bryant5493).

jgb191

My Houston team is off to a good start; hopefully this will be a sign of the great things ahead for us.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

PAHighways

My Steelers finally won an overtime game against Atlanta.

Bryant5493

Quote from: PAHighways on September 15, 2010, 02:28:36 PM
My Steelers finally won an overtime game against Atlanta.

If only Matt Ryan hadn't thrown that interception. :-(

Be well,

Bryant
Check out my YouTube page (http://youtube.com/Bryant5493). I have numerous road videos of Metro Atlanta and other areas in the Southeast.

I just signed up on photobucket -- here's my page (http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt24/Bryant5493).

triplemultiplex

Quote from: mgk920 on September 14, 2010, 03:15:43 AM
First Packers WIN in Philadelphia since 1962.

A messy win to be sure, but they are 1-0!

:biggrin:

Sucks losing Ryan Grant for the season.  Brandon Jackson is pretty good but he's not as explosive as Grant.

Quote from: mightyaceBut, seriously, now I know how you Packers fans feel watching Brett Favre play in a Vikings uniform with Donovan McNabb playing for the Redskins.

Except McNabb never told legions of fans in an emotional press conference that he was done playing football forever only to weasel his way back onto that hated division rival and ripping that sense of closure right from our chests.

"Oh wow, you're retiring?  Damn, we came so close this year (07).  God, what a bummer.  Well thanks for the memories; you are a God among men; you'll be enshrined forever in the pantheon of football's great....  Wait, what?"

The sight of he-who-shall-remain-nameless in that jersey makes me want to punch the nearest wall.  It's going to take years after his actual retirement to forgive this betrayal.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

TheHighwayMan3561

The Chargers are notorious at slowly starting out of the gates, but I hope the Chiefs can parlay the win on Monday night into a decent season. Given they have four games against Denver and Oakland and games against San Francisco, Cleveland, and Buffalo, I hope they can win a few of those.

As for the Vikings, I have no idea what to expect from them. We better beat Miami and Detroit cause it's getting nasty after the bye week in Week 4.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

jgb191

Go Houston Texans!!!  This is our greatest start ever in franchise history at 2-0!  Also our first ever OT win in our history!
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Reading Peter King's column (blog) today, he mention someone that was deserving for the Football HoF. The Sabols (Ed and Steve) who created and run NFL Films. If Chris Berman can be enshrined in Canton, these two are certainly more than deserving.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

mgk920

I see that Brent Who? threw three interceptions and lost a fumble in the end zone for a touchdown on Sunday - are we about to see a whimpering end to his consecutive games started streak?

:hmmm:

:nod: :clap: :hyper: :jumping:

:cool:

Mike

bugo

Chris Berman is horrible.  Seriously, he's worse than Lou Holtz.  Worse than Dick Vitale.  Probably the worst announcer in sports.

Scott5114

Shit, the Chiefs are at 3-0 for the season? Wow. Does that mean I need to start paying attention to them again?  :happy:
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Alps

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 28, 2010, 08:34:52 AM
Shit, the Chiefs are at 3-0 for the season? Wow. Does that mean I need to start paying attention to them again?  :happy:
Nah, they haven't played anyone legitimate.  Try the Steelers.

Mr_Northside

Quote from: AlpsROADS on September 28, 2010, 09:58:25 PM
Try the Steelers.

Hell yeah... The game vs Baltimore this Sunday should be entertaining.
I don't have opinions anymore. All I know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything

hm insulators

Though the Arizona Cardinals are 2-1, it's going to be a long season here in Phoenix, methinks.
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

74/171FAN

Quote from: hm insulators on September 29, 2010, 02:15:43 PM
Though the Arizona Cardinals are 2-1, it's going to be a long season here in Phoenix, methinks.
I just hope the winner of the NFC West ends up with a winning record.  Of course no one seems to want to win that division.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

6a

Glad to see my beloved Panthers have all their offensive woes ironed out.

mgk920

Quote from: 74/171FAN on September 29, 2010, 03:46:11 PM
Quote from: hm insulators on September 29, 2010, 02:15:43 PM
I just hope the winner of the NFC West ends up with a winning record.  Of course no one seems to want to win that division.

What would happen if the NFL would require that every team making the playoffs will have had to have won more regular-season games than they lost, with an additional 'wild card' team making the playoffs if none of the teams in a division was 9-7 or better?

:hmmm:

Mike

triplemultiplex

Anyone not see that blocked punt for a touchdown in the Niners/Falcons game?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcVmkGy2JKQ
What a heads up play; keeping the feet in bounds while looking at the sky for the ball.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Bryant5493

^^

Yeah, I saw that. Then Mays started doing the "Dougie." The Niners had that game, but we (the Falcons) squeaked by with a win, with that field goal by Bryant.

Be well,

Bryant

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.