News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

RIP Rene Auberjonois

Started by LM117, December 09, 2019, 01:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LM117

“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

PHLBOS

I didn't see him in his later works.  To me, he will always be the original Father Mulcahy from the M*A*S*H movie.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

roadman

Quote from: PHLBOS on December 09, 2019, 02:33:11 PM
I didn't see him in his later works.  To me, he will always be the original Father Mulcahy from the M*A*S*H movie.

He also played the priest who was doubting his faith in The Big Bus.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

nexus73

Quote from: LM117 on December 09, 2019, 01:44:33 PM
RIP Odo.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/star-trek-benson-rene-auberjonois-dead

DS9 did the best job of all Star Trek shows delving into the galactic conflicts of that fictional setting.  Wish we had one that went forward to the year 3000 instead of dealing with the past. 

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

US71

Odo and Garak were my 2 favorite DS9 denizens.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

ozarkman417

Auberjonois, Caroll Spinney (the guy who played big bird), and JUICE WRLD, all in the same day. Who's next?

US71

Quote from: ozarkman417 on December 09, 2019, 06:44:35 PM
Auberjonois, Caroll Spinney (the guy who played big bird), and JUICE WRLD, all in the same day. Who's next?

Tempting fate?
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

PHLBOS

Quote from: ozarkman417 on December 09, 2019, 06:44:35 PMAuberjonois, Caroll Spinney (the guy who played big bird), and JUICE WRLD, all in the same day. Who's next?
Sadly, Philip McKeon, who played Alice's son Tommy from the sitcom Alice that ran from 1976 through 1985 died last night (Dec. 10).  He was only 55 years old.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

ET21

He's rejoined the Great Link. Loved his character on DS9 but also like his pop up episodes of Frasier
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

triplemultiplex

Bummer.  Fitting that the rerun cycle on H&I just came to the end of DS9 the previous Friday.

"That's just like... your opinion, man."

roadman65

Quaaaark!   Bennnnsonnnn!  Famous one line name calls that he is best remembered for.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.