A Different Kind of Sign Topic....Post your favorite signs!

Started by ctsignguy, January 01, 2010, 10:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctsignguy

Quite a few of us do have collections of signs...some old, some new...so i thought i would start a new thread for the New Year...a chance for some of us to show off what we have ....or to show off what we wished we did have!

And there are no real restrictions on this topic (other than photo size....dont want to hack off the mods!)....you can either post the best/rarest/prize sign (or signs) in your collection....or post the signs in the wild you wish that you could somehow come into legally....

So, i will go ahead and kick-start this topic....

Pre-1928 Ohio State Route shield.  This sign is embossed (not cast iron), and that is some of the original black and yellow paint showing along with the white (which led us to suspect that this sign was also a field repaint at some point).  10.5x10.5 (incredibly tiny!)  Replaced by the simplified and slightly larger embossed Ohio cutouts in 1928, but my guess is that some of these probably survived in the wild to possibly the mid-to-late 30s....

Ok, guys...feel free to join in!

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/ctsignguy/<br /><br />Maintaining an interest in Fine Highway Signs since 1958....

Truvelo

Those old signs, do you prefer them in such a rough condition or would you rather have them restored? To me it looks too scruffy as it is.
Speed limits limit life

ctsignguy

Ordinarily, i would prefer them to be a bit more "presentable"....but Jake and i had a discussion about this, and it was felt that since this sign had a significant amount of original face paint left, that it ought be left as is. 

Now if say, more than half the paint was gone from the face (or enough that you couldn't tell much about the sign by looking at it), then i would have had it restored to its original colors...

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/ctsignguy/<br /><br />Maintaining an interest in Fine Highway Signs since 1958....

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.