Un-Notify or Unsubscribing to a thread...not working

Started by formulanone, July 10, 2016, 12:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

formulanone

I have tried to Unnotify myself from threads, but the threads still appear in my "Show new replies to your posts" feature. I have also found you can check/uncheck individual topics from the Current Topic Notifications section of My Profile, but that also doesn't work.

Is there a way to zap a thread from appearing there? Sometimes I'll contribute to a thread but stop caring about updates to it later on, and it has become rather annoying over the years. Or is there a better way to see just the threads a user has posted in, minus the ones we no longer want New-Reply notifications for.

Perhaps there's another way or something else I'm missing? Thanks.

rickmastfan67

Profile >
Modify Profile >
Notifications

Then select the thread and click the 'unnotify' button there.  That should do the trick.

formulanone

It works, but the threads in that list go back to around February of 2012. Most of the ones I'd like to unnotify are older than that, so they're unlisted. Was there an SMF software update at that time?

Does the unnotify link near the top right of the thread [REPLY - UNNOTIFY - MARK UNREAD - SEND THIS TOPIC - PRINT] do something different? Such as e-mail notifications (which I don't use, anyhow)?

rickmastfan67

Don't know.  Both the upper and lower one should do the same thing.

All I can possibly suggest in this case is to unnotify, then re-notify (check the preference area to see if it now shows up there), then unnotify again.  Maybe that should properly clear out the older threads you're having problems with.

The only other way I could think is to dig into the database, but I don't have that type of access.

But, then again, I have my 'notify' settings turned off for this thread, and it doesn't show up in my list on my profile.  However, it still showed up in the "Show new replies to your posts" when you made the post above.  So, maybe this is built into SMF and there is nothing that can be done once you've made a post in a thread except to prevent emails about it.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.