News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

US 10 rerouted in Manitowoc?

Started by peterj920, August 04, 2016, 05:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterj920

Drove on I-43 in Manitowoc today and a new East US 10 sign was posted on I-43 south along with South Wis 42 south of Waldo Blvd.  It is a 9 foot long unisign with 3 posts supporting it so it is a very large sign.  I decided to get off the freeway to investigate and have not seen any other signs.  WISDOT may possibly be turning 8th and 10th streets between Wis 42 and US 151 back to the City of Manitowoc and reroute US 10 along US 151.  If this happens will US 151 end at I-43?

peterj920

Here is a picture of the new sign.  Another Interstate/US Highway/State Highway concurrency if US 10 is going to be rerouted. 

SEWIGuy

So they're gonna move US-10 off Waldo Blvd. but keep WI-42 on it?  Do they just want to remove US-10 from the 8th St / 10th St. pairing downtown then?

peterj920

Quote from: SEWIGuy on August 05, 2016, 09:27:14 AM
So they're gonna move US-10 off Waldo Blvd. but keep WI-42 on it?  Do they just want to remove US-10 from the 8th St / 10th St. pairing downtown then?

I'm guessing that's what they plan on doing.  Business 42 would still be on that pairing, but it would be a local designation.  Manitowoc decided to keep the designation despite pressure from WISDOT to remove the business route. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.