News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

MDTA scales back expectations for amount of toll increases

Started by MDRoads, February 05, 2011, 06:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDRoads

Due to increasing truck revenue, the Maryland Transportation Authority expects increases of 'only' $0.75 instead of the expected $1.35.  This is only covering the $3.6 billion sunk into both the ICC and I-95 Express Toll Lane projects.  Further increases will be necessary for the US 301 bridge, which will add another $1 billion.

Full Article:
http://www.baltimoresun.com/features/commuting/bs-md-toll-increase-20110203,0,7919605.story

Maintenance spending on the horizon, but not mentioned much, includes I-95 within Baltimore City, which is mostly on bridges nearing 35-40 years of age, not to mention the JFK Highway portions of 95 under MDTA maintenance, older still.  Although they only charge tolls at the Fort McHenry Tunnel and Millard Tydings Bridge, MDTA is responsible for maintenance of all of I-95 from the southern limit of Baltimore north to the Delaware border, about 60 miles.

J N Winkler

Phase II of the I-95/I-695 stack is still deader than a doornail, isn't it?
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

froggie

Yep.  You can pretty much thank the ICC for soaking up just about all of MDTA's bonding capacity.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.