News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

What makes you laugh?

Started by tolbs17, April 07, 2021, 12:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zachary_amaryllis

Quote from: bandit957 on April 08, 2021, 10:52:22 PM
When I think about the time in 5th grade when the teacher said, "It smells like a toilet in here."

last week, i took my mother somewhere in my car. she commented that it smelt like 'sweaty fat guy' in the car.
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

tolbs17

Graffiti under bridges and on buildings...

JoePCool14

Quote from: 1995hoo on July 12, 2021, 08:24:03 AM
Fox News was seen in a neighborhood near ours this weekend!!!!

This is very wholesome and I'm a fan. :)

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

Takumi

Quote from: kurumi on June 23, 2021, 11:54:42 AM
Quote from: triplemultiplex on June 22, 2021, 03:03:28 PM
Bandit's off topic threads are great for a laugh. They are like a stream-of-consciousness from his memories of like 1979, or somewhere in there, pulling out these incredibly specific pop culture references and usually turning them into a fart/pooing joke.

Gets me rolling every time. :-D

Bond dangled, upside down, tied up, above a water-filled tank of ravenous creatures, each about the length of his forearm.

"They're called Sea Monkeys," said his captor. "Normally they're the size of a Cocoa Pebble. But if you treat them right, they can get pretty big. I feel bad, because I haven't fed them in a week. I plan to fix that."

They looked more like sea insects to Bond, beetling legs and claws thrashing in the water below him. Was he really to die in the Kentucky mountain lair of a supervillain no one had heard of?

"There was a Fruit Stripe commercial with Big Bird," his captor explained. "He was upset because the Hamburglar took all the banana ones." He paused. "You don't even remember."

"What are you talking about?"

"Life was better back then. Nixon was going to jail. We'd all watch Happy Days on Tuesday and talk about it at school on Wednesday. At the bottom of a box of Trix you'd get a chess set, where all the pieces were Super Friends, and you could wind them up."

None of this made any sense. "I grew up in Britain."

His captor sighed. "Oh, that bips." He pulled a comically large lever, and Bond plunged into the water.

Something about the screams was upsetting his stomach. Or maybe it was the Big Mac. He grabbed a copy of Dynamite! magazine and strolled into the bathroom.

"Pooing is cool."

I can't believe this didn't get any attention whatsoever.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

kphoger

I didn't see it till now.  But it's funny.  It's good.

However, it made no mention of bubble gum.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

tolbs17

When tolbs17 asks stupid questions.

Takumi

Quote from: Scott5114 on June 22, 2021, 06:05:17 PM
Quote from: triplemultiplex on June 22, 2021, 03:03:28 PM
Bandit's off topic threads are great for a laugh. They are like a stream-of-consciousness from his memories of like 1979, or somewhere in there, pulling out these incredibly specific pop culture references and usually turning them into a fart/pooing joke.

Gets me rolling every time. :-D

My favorite part is how he always queries the reader as to whether they, too, saw and could relate to this incredibly specific thing that he experienced. It's like:

"I was walking down the street on July 7, 1982, in Covington, Kentucky, and saw an advertisement poster for a dentist whose head was shaped like a Speak-n-Spell. His name was Dr. Ernie Burton, just like Bert and Ernie! Underneath his name, there was an Allowed Cloud of things you shouldn't do with your teeth. Anyway, I walked by again about four hours later and it was gone. Anyone else remember this?"

Just once I'd like to see someone earnestly reply with "Yes, Dr. Burton was my father-in-law and I have a hundred of those posters in my garage" or something.

I'm pretty sure I responded in the affirmative to one of them once, but I can't remember which one.

Also, Scott's zany posts like these (make me laugh). Look at Alanland.

In a more pitying way, SP Cook's hatred of niche interests like craft beer and Formula 1. Let people enjoy things.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Scott5114

Quote from: Takumi on July 15, 2021, 06:59:32 PM
Also, Scott's zany posts like these (make me laugh). Look at Alanland.

:cheers:
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

zachary_amaryllis

poo jokes. I'm just saying what we're all thinking.
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

tolbs17

Quote from: zachary_amaryllis on July 17, 2021, 12:48:53 PM
poo jokes. I'm just saying what we're all thinking.
Reminds me of NE2 on my old threads...

tolbs17

tolbs17

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: tolbs17 on July 18, 2021, 11:14:43 PM

2017-18 AAroads with Marf and the Webny controversy lol, with me also doing some interesting things  :-D.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

tolbs17

tolbs17

All posts on a single thread like this is hilarious!!  :-D :-D

Rothman

You are spamming the forum again.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: tolbs17 on February 25, 2022, 07:29:35 PM

Is it though?  Do you enjoy having your threads dissected into minute detail like that?  It's not funny or really enjoyable to be on the other end of trying to explain to you why your thread had minimal value.  I get it your 19 but don't you actually want to take away some knowledge about roads, infrastructure or governance from this forum?

tolbs17

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on February 25, 2022, 07:40:33 PM

Is it though?  Do you enjoy having your threads dissected into minute detail like that?  It's not funny or really enjoyable to be on the other end of trying to explain to you why your thread had minimal value.  I get it your 19 but don't you actually want to take away some knowledge about roads, infrastructure or governance from this forum?
No? I try to keep things civil and prevent threads from devolving into bickering like that.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: tolbs17 on February 25, 2022, 07:41:41 PM

No? I try to keep things civil and prevent threads from devolving into bickering like that.

What is uncivil about questioning your logic or that of anyone else?  In the case of that thread you had (and still do) every ample opportunity to explain your arguments for the stance you were taking. 

tolbs17

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on February 25, 2022, 07:45:23 PM

What is uncivil about questioning your logic or that of anyone else?  In the case of that thread you had (and still do) every ample opportunity to explain your arguments for the stance you were taking.
I just find it interesting that some states do stuff differently and some don't which does not follow the FHWA guidelines. The same goes to the Washington state, Illinois, and California exit tabs.

Big John

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: tolbs17 on February 25, 2022, 07:48:14 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on February 25, 2022, 07:45:23 PM

I just find it interesting that some states do stuff differently and some don't which does not follow the FHWA guidelines. The same goes to the Washington state, Illinois, and California exit tabs.

I-80 and Cummings Skyway wants a word with you...again...

jmacswimmer

Pretty sure the last time the 10 most recent posts were all the same thread was when another user (who was also spamming threads left & right) had a compilation thread created and, er, didn't take it very well.  So...you're in some elite company, tolbs.
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.