News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

2014 Nevada/Idaho? Road Trip

Started by ZLoth, March 02, 2014, 05:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZLoth

I'm thinking of a early June road trip as follows:

Day 1 - I-80/US-93 from Sacramento, CA to Jackpot, NV Stay at Cactus Petes
Day 2 - US-93/US-6 from Jackpot, NV to Tonopah, NV Stay at Mizpah Hotel
Day 3 - US 6 -> US-395 -> I-80 from Tonopah, NV to Bishop, CA to Sacramento, CA
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

nexus73

Avoid the waffle place in Bishop.  It claims to be famous for their waffles but they're awful waffles...LOL!

If you make it to Boise and want to go further north, take SR 55 for a great north/south scenic route in the Spud State.

Enjoy the ride :-)

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

corco

QuoteIf you make it to Boise and want to go further north, take SR 55 for a great north/south scenic route in the Spud State.

As a person from McCall, I strongly concur with this recommendation. Alternatively if you're coming from Twin, take 93 to 75 to 21 to the Garden Valley Rd that for some reason isn't a state highway to 55. From there 55 north back to 95 south is most scenic by a lot, but if you're pressed on time you'll have seen a good chunk of scenic stuff already and could take 55 south back to Boise. That's some awesome scenery.

No potatoes to be seen on that route!

ZLoth

That might make a good second trip.

Day 0 - Sacramento to Winnemucca, NV on I-80.
Day 1 - Winnemucca, NV to McCall, ID on US-95/ID-55
Day 2 - McCall, ID to Jackpot, NV
Day 3 - Jackpot, NV to Sacramento.
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.