News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Mysterious realignmnet off I-90 in South Dakota

Started by D-Dey65, March 28, 2017, 05:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D-Dey65

I was doing a little research of I-90 in South Dakota via Google Street View, when I noticed there appears to be a construction project west of Sturgis Road between south of the Tilford Rest Areas, and the vicinity of Exit 44 in Piedmont. I'm not sure I'll find it on South Dakota's DOT website, so I have to ask if anyone here knows what that project is all about.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

SD Mapman

To sum up: the whole point of it is to realign the service road west of the interstate so that it is farther away. This summer Exit 44 will be completely rebuilt (along with the interstate from mm 40 to 45 ish), and the old configuration had the service road much too close to the ramps.

Also it's been done for 8 months.
The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. - G.K. Chesterton

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.