News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Trip ideas not needing their own thread

Started by TheHighwayMan3561, August 04, 2018, 12:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHighwayMan3561

I could be wrong but I haven't found a catch-all thread for one or two trip thoughts that don't need a full thread.

Monday I will be crossing Nebraska E-W and am curious if any of the I-80 alternatives have merit:

US 30
US 6/34
NE 92

Or should I just take 80?
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Max Rockatansky

I'm looking at heading to Lake Tahoe and taking pictures of CA 28, 267, and former 188.  I've take all the routes over the Sierras so I was thinking of something conventional like CA 51 to I-80 to do some hiking at Donner Pass.  Apparently this is a family thing which makes me wonder how some my regular endeavors on the road will play with folks more used to a domestic setting. 

oscar

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on August 04, 2018, 12:01:23 AM
Monday I will be crossing Nebraska E-W and am curious if any of the I-80 alternatives have merit:

US 30
US 6/34
NE 92

Or should I just take 80?

I've done all of US 6 and US 30 in Nebraska, and most of NE 92. The last is far less boring than the first two, especially the west end which takes you to Scottsbluff, nearby Chimney Rock, and part of the Sand Hills region. But I don't remember anything special about NE 92 between Arthur and the Omaha metro area.

You could take I-80 west to Ogallala, then take NE 61 north to NE 92, to speed your trip to the more interesting parts of NE 92.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.