AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules to ensure post quality. See this thread for details.

on: Today at 07:06:37 PM 
Started by 1 - Last post by US71
Florida 281 near Pensacola

on: Today at 07:00:34 PM 
Started by 1 - Last post by ilpt4u
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=31364.0

That is “Tire Trouble” on the Travel Board

Sub an F for the first T…”Fire Trouble” could be an interesting thread

on: Today at 06:54:12 PM 
Started by Alex - Last post by MASTERNC
PennDOT - District 5 News: CANCELLED - PennDOT Invites Public to Comment on I-80 Over Lehigh River Bridge Project

Was the in-person meeting cancelled?  Maybe....  This is odd since it came out after the meeting time began.  You should still be able to comment online.

This may be why

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/transportation/2022/05/18/penndot-commonwealth-court-preliminary-injunction-bridge-tolling-bridgeville-tolls/stories/202205180145

on: Today at 06:38:25 PM 
Started by planxtymcgillicuddy - Last post by Max Rockatansky
^^^

So basically the exact opposite approach to arguments that a certain flat lander would take?  Despite what snowc said, he never actually did delete his Amazon post.

He edited his first post to remove any claim that Amazon was the worst store ever.

I see now, I’m not sure why he would bother given the claim of “worst store ever” context is preserved in the replies? 

I don't really get the impression that Bryce normally thinks things through before committing to doing something.

Yes, hence my above statement that I’m not really sure if we were to ask Bryce that he would say that he had engaged in hyperbole.

You've gotta drop the ego and let a little undirected hyperbole go in Off-Topic.

Venting with precision is usually difficult and tedious.

Ego?  On my end it’s more boredom at work and sarcasm that I wasn’t sure would get picked up on.  Sometimes it leads to more interesting places like someone expounding on their statement that Amazon is the “worst store ever.”

on: Today at 06:36:01 PM 
Started by planxtymcgillicuddy - Last post by Scott5114
Why do the big 9s have tails, but the small 9s don't?

https://goo.gl/maps/s4icTzhWhCRZiujm7

The big 9s have to have a horizontal segment there anyway to display a 2, 3, 5, 6, and 8. Since the segment is there, may as well light it up for readability (though they could have programmed the sign controller to not do that).

Meanwhile, there will never be a need to display a price like 3.576. Thus, they probably don't even have LEDs there in a shape that could display anything but a tailless 9, and probably no provision in the hardware or controller that would make displaying anything but a 9 (like say a 1 or a 4) a possibility. This probably makes the sign at least $3.099 cheaper.

You've gotta drop the ego and let a little undirected hyperbole go in Off-Topic.

I think it's not beyond the pale to consider that someone might disagree with the grievances aired in one's venting, or even be presented with a logical reason why things are the way they are or why they're not so bad (like the other half of my post). In that case, one can freely present a reason why they still feel aggrieved. (There are plenty of times people have pointed out something that bothers me makes someone money and I've replied with some variation on "I am more bothered by this than I am the thought of them losing revenue.") There's also the option to just say "Oh, I didn't know that, my opinion has changed" or just not respond on that topic any further. Someone trying to pretend that they didn't have an opinion in the first place by editing their posts just makes it seem like we are a legislature that votes on their opinions.

on: Today at 06:27:07 PM 
Started by planxtymcgillicuddy - Last post by formulanone
^^^

So basically the exact opposite approach to arguments that a certain flat lander would take?  Despite what snowc said, he never actually did delete his Amazon post.

He edited his first post to remove any claim that Amazon was the worst store ever.

I see now, I’m not sure why he would bother given the claim of “worst store ever” context is preserved in the replies? 

I don't really get the impression that Bryce normally thinks things through before committing to doing something.

Yes, hence my above statement that I’m not really sure if we were to ask Bryce that he would say that he had engaged in hyperbole.

on: Today at 06:22:35 PM 
Started by flaroads - Last post by wdcrft63
NCDOT is about to resurface the main street in Chapel Hill and Carrboro. It is a long-standing tradition to schedule Chapel Hill projects in the summer, when there are many fewer students and faculty in town. And it is also traditional that these projects somehow don't quite get completed before classes begin in the fall.
https://www.ncdot.gov/news/press-releases/Pages/2022/2022-05-18-franklin-street-chapel-hill-paving.aspx

on: Today at 06:21:29 PM 
Started by planxtymcgillicuddy - Last post by kphoger
Why do the big 9s have tails, but the small 9s don't?

https://goo.gl/maps/s4icTzhWhCRZiujm7

on: Today at 06:09:41 PM 
Started by kurumi - Last post by english si
Looks like Ringway 3 most closely matches today's Orbital (the M25)
between junction 22 and near junction 4 it is the line of Ringway 3. The other (slightly larger half) is mostly on the line of Ringway 4 - though parts take a different alignment than in the originally planned one, and it's not just the tie-ins that are different.
of which referencing to it as the Orbital appears to date myself.
Still put on new signs at the entrances.

Which was built on mostly-rural land back in the 1960s and 1970s.
Two key reasons:
1) gaps were left from earlier plans made during WW2.
2) the Green Belt stopped further development in that area anyway, pushing it further out.

on: Today at 06:04:48 PM 
Started by TXtoNJ - Last post by MaxConcrete
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/transportation/article/Grand-Parkway-to-get-a-lot-grander-with-new-53-17182097.php

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.