News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Does anyone here play Minecraft?

Started by hotdogPi, August 27, 2013, 10:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotdogPi

My 1000x1000 blocks of roads:

"Clinched": MA 1A (northern segment), US 3 (Massachusetts only), MA 3A (northern segment), MA 4, MA 22, MA 35, MA 38, MA 40, MA 60, MA 97, MA 107, MA 108, MA 110, MA 113, MA 114, MA 125, MA 127, MA 127A, MA 129, MA 129A, MA 133, MA 145, MA 150, MA 286, MA 213

Partial: US 1, MA 2, MA 2A, MA 3, MA 9, MA 16, US 20, MA 27, MA 28, MA 30, MA 62, MA 70, MA 85, I-90, I-93, MA 111, MA 117, MA 119, MA 126, MA 128, MA 225, I-290, I-495
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

KEK Inc.

Take the road less traveled.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

KEK Inc.

Well, my freeway system is meant for horses, which is as close to a car as vanilla Minecraft will probably ever get.

KEK Inc.

hotdogPi

I would expect signs that warn of the toll booths, but I don't see them.

KEK Inc.

They're before the left lane has a solid line.

KEK Inc.

JoePCool14

On Minecraft Pocket Edition (which sucks way more the Xbox/PC) I did a highway world. I had I 94 and 43, and US 41. Sorta trying to model the area around Wisconsin/Illinois border.
It didn't go too well.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

US 41

I wish I was that patient when playing Minecraft. I rush things too much. I need to get the car mod.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

KEK Inc.

hotdogPi

Quote from: KEK Inc. on January 14, 2014, 07:56:51 PM

How did you get the Do Not Enter signs? Also, how do the traffic lights change automatically?

You set the world time to 8 PM with yellow text? That's not vanilla Minecraft!!! (Minecraft doesn't have that kind of time, just the tick number)

TCN7JM

Any time I try to do anything with Minecraft, I either get impatient because everything takes so long to build or angry because my computer laaaa-a-a-a-l-l-l-laaaa-laaa...*ahem*...lags. A lot. Although the one time I did try to do anything, I spawned in the middle of the ocean and ended up building a lot of basic paths over the ocean between islands, and then little mini-towns on those islands. I had plans to eventually upgrade everything, but then I lost interest, and then I bought a new laptop and had to re-download Minecraft, so that's long gone.  :-/ A month or two ago, I started a new (Superflat) world where I spawned in the middle of an NPC village, so I decided, why not build a loop freeway around a village with maybe ten houses in it!?

I think I'd like doing this more if I had a clue what I was doing...like...if I knew how to construct the roads better. I always seem to get it wrong. I normally don't do Superflat, though. I don't remember why I did here.
You don't realize how convenient gridded cities are until you move somewhere the roads are a mess.

Counties

KEK Inc.

Quote from: 1 on January 14, 2014, 08:27:59 PM
How did you get the Do Not Enter signs?
Maps on item frames.  I use a program to convert images to maps, and then upload them to the server data folder in Filezilla.  Maps fill up the entire item frame in 1.7, so I only do it on 1.7.  The server my college buds and I run is still on 1.6 (the one with all the fancy lighting effects and clouds), so I've only used this on a post-apocalyptic build server I started participating in:

Also, how do the traffic lights change automatically?
Currently they don't, but I might do some Voodoo magic to get them to work with command blocks and summon commands.  I could program it in a way that would be dynamic and timed.  If you're standing at a certain block, it could trip the "loop detector" and change the light.

You set the world time to 8 PM with yellow text? That's not vanilla Minecraft!!! (Minecraft doesn't have that kind of time, just the tick number)
Bukkit for multiplayer.  I'm an admin on that server.  I abuse creative mode and world-edit for these creations.  I don't have time to do this in survival.

Michael

Sorry for the bump!  I should have waited a few days to make it 4 years.

I occasionally Google things like "Minecraft freeway" or "Minecraft interstate", but I haven't seen anything cool lately.  I decided to use something more technical than the word freeway or interstate, and this picture came up when I Googled "Minecraft parclo":

The original Reddit thread has a link to an album of ground-level pictures too.  Other results on Google with the same interchange led me to the Planet Minecraft profile of the Reddit poster, and there are a bunch of roads on it.

Another picture led me to a parclo from Chinesehorse on Imgur.  There are more roads on Chinesehorse's Imgur album page.

Michael

It looks like I'm bumping this thread again!

Every so often, I look for pictures and videos of roads in Minecraft.  I haven't found any new ones recently until last night.  I found a few videos of Nework City:

I did a bit of Googling, and found the city's page on Planet Minecraft.

US 41

I recently started playing Minecraft again. It didn't work well on my old laptop, but I have a new one now and it works great. I started a world on "Large Biomes" mode and so far have discovered a desert and a grassland. I've already created multiple villages, built a couple of skyscrapers (high rises), a high speed rail link between the villages, and 2 lane highways to connect the villages together. Eventually I'll build freeways, but I'm not far enough along yet.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

Michael

Last night, I stumbled on a picture on Reddit of the famous 11 foot 8 bridge in Minecraft:

Roadrunner75

Quote from: Michael on May 17, 2020, 06:35:33 PM
Last night, I stumbled on a picture on Reddit of the famous 11 foot 8 bridge in Minecraft:
That's pretty cool.  My son plays Minecraft, and we used to watch the 11'8" videos on Youtube.  I just showed this to him and he found a Youtube video of a truck hitting the Minecraft version:

Roadgeekteen

I own it on my old wii u, but I didn't really get into it when I tried it out.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

hotdogPi

Would anyone be interested in a Zoom meeting where I show off my Minecraft creation? (SectorZ has seen it in person already, but nobody else here has except for some of my Flickr photos.) I'm open to pretty much any day and time. It's a 25 blocks : 1 mile recreation of the roads (and some businesses) within a 60 mile radius of me, and it took years to make. My statistics say I've placed 44,243 signs, and I don't think that started counting from when I created the world.

I'm currently in the process of renumbering I-95's exit numbers in Rhode Island.

Even if it's just a few people, I'll do it.

JoePCool14

Quote from: 1 on October 22, 2022, 09:10:28 AM
Would anyone be interested in a Zoom meeting where I show off my Minecraft creation? (SectorZ has seen it in person already, but nobody else here has except for some of my Flickr photos.) I'm open to pretty much any day and time. It's a 25 blocks : 1 mile recreation of the roads (and some businesses) within a 60 mile radius of me, and it took years to make. My statistics say I've placed 44,243 signs, and I don't think that started counting from when I created the world.

I'm currently in the process of renumbering I-95's exit numbers in Rhode Island.

That sounds amazing. I wouldn't mind seeing it. Have you considered making a YouTube video or just straight-up posting a world download?

hotdogPi

Quote from: JoePCool14 on October 25, 2022, 10:34:58 AM
Quote from: 1 on October 22, 2022, 09:10:28 AM

That sounds amazing. I wouldn't mind seeing it. Have you considered making a YouTube video or just straight-up posting a world download?

I don't create YouTube videos, and I'm not on the Minecraft forums. I do have a few photos on Flickr, but I've expanded it since then.

If you want to see it on Zoom, choose a date and time.

Hunty2022

A few years ago, I got Minecraft for my PS4, and created my State of Minea. I still play on the world, and it is quite good. Not as good as other worlds, but I am dedicated still. Here are my (major) routes:

Interstates:

I-10
I-21
I-35
I-121
I-321

MI Routes (does not stand for MInecraft OR MInea):

MI 1
MI 27
MI 36
MI 75
MI 84
MI 155

I also have tons of state routes, where the total number I want of those is 450. But, I won't show those here.
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

JoePCool14

Quote from: Hunty2022 on December 26, 2022, 10:41:13 PM
MI Routes (does not stand for MInecraft OR MInea):

So then what does it stand for?

Also, are you playing on the legacy console edition or the modern Bedrock edition with infinite worlds?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.