News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Thanksgiving plans

Started by Roadgeekteen, November 18, 2017, 09:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wanderer2575

Had to work late last night; I didn't get out until 9:00pm.  My workplace is on Woodward Avenue in downtown Detroit, and I spent a little time watching crews remove mast arm traffic signals for today's parade.  (All the traffic signals were replaced this past year as part of the Woodward Avenue rebuild, but apparently the mast arms are not of a design that they can simply be swung 90 degrees.  Oops.)

Slept in a bit.  Will go outside and put up holiday lights.  Dinner at my parents' with the whole family; my brothers and their families will be in town.  I may go out for a late-night drive, down to Toledo and a bit of the Ohio Turnpike before turning around and heading back home.  But I do need to go into work early tomorrow for a couple hours.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

cjk374

Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

adventurernumber1

Right now my family and I are going to ride bicycles on the Riverwalk in Chattanooga, TN (by the Tennessee River), so that will be really cool. Then, once the afternoon progresses, we will head over to my paternal grandparents' house near Dalton, GA and have our Thanksgiving Feast with that side of the family. Tomorrow morning we will head to Rome, GA and have a Thanksgiving Feast for lunch at my maternal grandparents' house with that side of the family. In the late afternoon tomorrow, we will go back to my other grandparents' house and most likely stay there until early afternoon on Saturday, because my cousins are going to be there the whole time, who don't live that close to us. That will be what Thanksgiving is like for me this year, so I am excited!  :nod:
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

Max Rockatansky

Finished that short run hours ago, just turned on the parade in NYC because I don't want to watch the crappy NFL half time show.  The Lions have sucked ass so far today, it wouldn't even be a game without that lucky touchdown at the end of the half. 

MNHighwayMan

Pumped for the Vikings win and pumped full of turkey. Now time for a nap. :sleep:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

bulldog1979

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on November 18, 2017, 10:39:17 PM
Quote from: bulldog1979 on November 18, 2017, 10:14:57 PM
I'll be at work from 7 a.m. until 3 p.m. that day, and then I should be spending the rest of the afternoon and evening with family enjoying a second Thanksgiving meal. (I'll get a first at work.)
You work on Thanksgiving?!

Yes. A hotel is a 24/7/365 business, unless it's one that's seasonal in a tourist town.

US71

Quote from: bulldog1979 on November 23, 2017, 07:23:54 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on November 18, 2017, 10:39:17 PM
Quote from: bulldog1979 on November 18, 2017, 10:14:57 PM
I'll be at work from 7 a.m. until 3 p.m. that day, and then I should be spending the rest of the afternoon and evening with family enjoying a second Thanksgiving meal. (I'll get a first at work.)
You work on Thanksgiving?!

Yes. A hotel is a 24/7/365 business, unless it's one that's seasonal in a tourist town.

I worked many a Thanksgiving and/or Christmas when I worked in hotels. Being single was the equivalent of drawing the short straw.

For that matter, Golden Corral is open today as is Wal-Mart.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Roadgeekteen

Wow, thanksgiving dinner is tiring!  :sleep:
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

7/8

Just a regular day of work for me, but I did get my snow tires on today. It'll be interesting to hear the incidents that happen tomorrow on Black Friday.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.