News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Madame (the puppet)

Started by bandit957, January 28, 2018, 02:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

Anyone else remember the puppet Madame? She was on TV all the time back in the '70s and '80s. She was a regular on 'Solid Gold' and always told Joan Rivers-style jokes.

I asked my mom if she remembers Madame, and she said she didn't remember. I don't know how this is possible, since Madame used to be on TV all the time.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Jardine

Waylon and Madame.

Sure, I recall.

I think they've found a new Waylon recently to reanimate Madame.

cjk374

They did appearances on "Hollywood Squares" in the 80s & 90s as well.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

jp the roadgeek

She has that big nose.  Looks like what you would get if Bea Arthur and Lady Elaine from Mr. Rogers somehow found a way to reproduce.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

bulldog1979

Tom958

She had a half-hour TV show for a while. My favorite episode was one where Madame decided that she needed to do something to stay current with her younger fans, so she did a video fronting a Plasmatics-like punk band. singing a song called "Barbra Streisand's Nose."

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.