News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Your Favorite movie line(s)

Started by Hurricane Rex, September 14, 2018, 01:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abefroman329

Quote from: Rothman on September 17, 2018, 12:49:26 PM
Quote from: Rushmeister on September 17, 2018, 12:40:47 PM
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman.  He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it."
- Jeff Spicoli, Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Aloha, Mr. Hand.
It's like I told the guy at ABC: Danger is my business.

roadman

Quote from: Beltway on September 15, 2018, 02:57:48 PM
Quote from: Rothman on September 14, 2018, 11:44:25 AM
Quote from: roadman on September 14, 2018, 11:31:02 AM
Whenever somebody points out the stupid thing(s) a criminal suspect did (like leaving their cellphone at the scene) that results in them getting caught:
Who said criminals were smart.   -Chief Inspector Daniels, The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (1974 version).
I love the interchange in that movie between the criminals and the subway worker (who unfortunately finds out chutzpah is no match for a carbine).  The movie is sort of a social commentary on 1970s NYC and how it was a pit.

"If you don't do what I tell you, you'll be having dinner tonight with Caz Dolowicz!"

"Screw the goddamm passengers.  What do they expect for their lousy thirty-five cents, to live forever?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcyg0H7EU3c
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

formulanone

Quote from: Rothman on September 17, 2018, 12:48:29 PM
Quote from: cabiness42 on September 14, 2018, 05:40:06 PM
Quote from: Brandon on September 14, 2018, 02:27:46 PM
UHF
"For those of you just joining us, today we're teaching poodles how to fly." - Raul Hernandez

My go-to UHF quote is, "Badgers?  Badgers?  We don't need no stinkin' badgers."

Especially if a big sporting event involving the University of Wisconsin is imminent.
Nothing!  Absolutely nothing!  Stupid!  You're so stupid!

I'm going to club this seal to make a better deal!

There's no better way to say I love you, than with the gift of a spatula.

abefroman329

Quote from: formulanone on September 17, 2018, 04:04:21 PM
UHF
"For those of you just joining us, today we're teaching poodles how to fly." - Raul Hernandez

Especially if a big sporting event involving the University of Wisconsin is imminent.

Ah-ha! ROAD MAPS!

PHLBOS

Heartbreak Ridge

"He improvised, he adapted, he overcame!"
- Gunnery Sergent Thomas Highway (Clint Eastwood)
GPS does NOT equal GOD

catch22

From "The God, The Bad, and The Ugly,' when one of Tuco's long-time enemies catches up with him as he's taking a bath:

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTcBgs2huRo

Brandon

Quote from: PHLBOS on September 18, 2018, 05:30:33 PM
Heartbreak Ridge

"He improvised, he adapted, he overcame!"
- Gunnery Sergent Thomas Highway (Clint Eastwood)

Ghostbusters

"We came, we saw, we kicked it's ass!" - Peter Venkman
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

Rothman

Cats and dogs, living together -- mass hysteria!
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

nexus73

From "Kill Bill Vol. 2":

Elle Driver: That's right. I killed your master. And now I'm gonna kill you too, with your own sword, no less, which in the very immediate future, will become... my sword.

The Bride: Bitch, you don't have a future.

Then we have this one:

Bill: You hocked a Hattori Hanzo Sword?

Budd: Yep.

Bill: It was priceless.

Budd: Well, not in El Paso, it ain't. In El Paso I got me $250 for it.

From a secondary character, here is the best "pissed off boss" quote:

Larry Gomez: I don't know what car wash allowed you to walk in twenty minutes late, but it wasn't owned by me and I own a fucking car wash.

There is so much great dialogue in a QT movie.  I can hardly wait to see "Once Upon A Time In Hollywood".  My hope is that he uses "Helter Skelter" as the music for the opening credits.

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

roadman65

Punch your momma in the mouth

Daddy the top came off!  No Shit!

From Smokey and the Bandit two great lines (and some more).
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

abefroman329

Not really a line, but that part where Little Enos is mad and he whinnys, I really wanted to do that recently when I was stuck in line at a grocery store behind someone who wanted to argue over a price difference of $1 on something they wanted to buy.

Also, "What we gonna do, kidnap the Pope or somethin'?"  "How'd you guess? No."

Also not an actual line: Bandit smiling at the camera after he escapes from the cops in Texarkana.

TheHighwayMan3561

Star Trek films. These aren't particularly quotable because all the humanity and self-exploration of the TV series generally gets put aside in lieu of lame but occasionally entertaining action movies.

II: "I have been, and always shall be, your friend." - Spock's "last words"

III: "Jim. Your name is Jim." - Spock, resurrected, recognizing Kirk

IV: "One damn minute, Admiral!" - Spock, who has "learned some colorful metaphors" with the crew in the 20th century

V: "What does God need with a starship?" - Kirk
"Maybe he's [God] not out there. Maybe, he's in here." - Kirk

VI: "It's about the future, Madam Chancellor. Some people think the future means the end of history. Well, we haven't run out of history quite yet. Your father called the future the Undiscovered Country. People can be very frightened of change." - Kirk, after preventing the new Klingon chancellor's assassination

Generations: "Ohhh, shit!" - Data, with the Enterprise saucer about to crash on the planet

First Contact: "Assimilate this!" - Worf, about to destroy the Borg transmitter
"I will make them PAY for what they've done!" - Picard's vengeful rage toward the Borg boils over

Insurrection: "We're through running from these bastards!" - Riker, about to execute an attack against the ships pursuing the Enterprise

Nemesis: "My voice will echo through time, long after yours has faded to a distant memory." - Shinzon, to Picard

Reboot film I: "I would rather watch the destruction of Romulus a thousand times. I would rather die in agony before I accept assistance from you!" "You got it." - Nero and Kirk

Beyond: "If I may adopt a parlance with which you are familiar, I can confirm your theory to be 'horseshit'." - Spock, to McCoy
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Beltway

http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

jemacedo9

The gold mine that is Spaceballs - too many to list, but a couple of shorter ones:

"Out of order?  F---!  Even in the future nothing works!"

"Listen, we're not just doing this for money.  We're doing this for a shit load of money!"

"So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

formulanone

Quote from: jemacedo9 on September 19, 2018, 08:08:39 AM

I find myself quoting this more and more often as the years go on (though without the f-bomb, in public).

I always pop in this movie after watching Episodes IV-VI.

slorydn1

Lethal Weapon (forgot which number)

Crook: "Diplomatic Immunity!!!!"
Glover: <gunshot> "It's just been revoked."

Top Gun:

CAG: "If you screw up just this much, you'll be flying cargo planes full of rubber dogshit out of Hong Kong!"
                                                                          -or-
Tower Commander: <storms through scene yelling> "....at over 400 knots, I want some BUTTS!!!!......"
School Commander: "Welp, that should cover the fly-bys..."

Top Gun has got to be one of the most quotable movies ever, well that and Spaceballs anyway.
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

roadman

When I say something to a friend, and decide (or need) to immediately retract it, I often find myself saying "Headquarters.  Disregard my last transmission." (Smokey and the Bandit)
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

Brandon

The gold mine that is Spaceballs - too many to list, but a couple of shorter ones:

"Listen, we're not just doing this for money.  We're doing this for a shit load of money!"

"So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

And the classic exchange:

QuoteDark Helmet: Careful you idiot! I said across her nose, not up it!

Laser Gunner: Sorry sir! I'm doing my best!

Dark Helmet: Who made that man a gunner?

Major Asshole: I did sir. He's my cousin.

Dark Helmet: Who is he?

Colonel Sandurz: He's an asshole sir.

Dark Helmet: I know that! What's his name?

Colonel Sandurz: That is his name sir. Asshole, Major Asshole!

Dark Helmet: And his cousin?

Colonel Sandurz: He's an asshole too sir. Gunner's mate First Class Philip Asshole!

Dark Helmet: How many assholes do we have on this ship, anyway?

[Entire bridge crew stands up and raises a hand]

Entire Bridge Crew: Yo!

Dark Helmet: I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes!

[Dark Helmet pulls his face shield down]

Dark Helmet: Keep firing, assholes!
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

PHLBOS

Quote from: roadman65 on September 18, 2018, 11:49:34 PMPunch your momma in the mouth
Intentional take-off from Gleason's Ralph Kramden's (of Honeymooners fame) character (usually said to his wife Alice) "One of these days... one of these days... POW!  Right in the Kisser!"

Quote from: abefroman329 on September 19, 2018, 02:27:03 AMAlso not an actual line: Bandit smiling at the camera after he escapes from the cops in Texarkana.
Such a theatrical technique (character smiling at the camera/audience) is known as Breaking the fourth wall

Actually, that chase scene, with respect to the movie plot, is prior to the Bandit (& Snowman) reaching Texarkana.  Jerry Reed's Westbound and Down song is played during this scene.

Quote from: slorydn1 on September 19, 2018, 09:05:13 AM
Lethal Weapon (forgot which number)

Crook: "Diplomatic Immunity!!!!"
Glover: <gunshot> "It's just been revoked."
Such is from Lethal Weapon 2.

Quote from: roadman on September 19, 2018, 09:15:14 AM
When I say something to a friend, and decide (or need) to immediately retract it, I often find myself saying "Headquarters.  Disregard my last transmission." (Smokey and the Bandit)
Do you say such in a southern accent and inside an overturned vehicle?  :sombrero:

Another classic line from that movie was Sheriff Bufford T. Justice (Jackie Gleason) saying to Sheriff Branford (after rear-ending & knocking over Branford's patrol car): "For some reason, you sounded taller on radio."  That line cracks me up every time I hear it.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

abefroman329

Quote from: Brandon on September 19, 2018, 09:22:12 AM

And the classic exchange:

QuoteDark Helmet: Careful you idiot! I said across her nose, not up it!

Laser Gunner: Sorry sir! I'm doing my best!

Dark Helmet: Who made that man a gunner?

Major Asshole: I did sir. He's my cousin.

Dark Helmet: Who is he?

Colonel Sandurz: He's an asshole sir.

Dark Helmet: I know that! What's his name?

Colonel Sandurz: That is his name sir. Asshole, Major Asshole!

Dark Helmet: And his cousin?

Colonel Sandurz: He's an asshole too sir. Gunner's mate First Class Philip Asshole!

Dark Helmet: How many assholes do we have on this ship, anyway?

[Entire bridge crew stands up and raises a hand]

Entire Bridge Crew: Yo!

Dark Helmet: I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes!

[Dark Helmet pulls his face shield down]

Dark Helmet: Keep firing, assholes!
When will then be now?

SOON.

inkyatari

"We plan ahead. That way we don't do anything right now. Earl explained it to me!" - Kevin Bacon, Tremors
"I hate these mashed potatoes. There's a dead fly in my mashed potatoes" - ad lib from one of the child actors in Close Encounters of the Third Kind
"I see you have braces.  I have braces too." Butt-Head to Chelsea Clinton, Beavis and BUtt-Head Do America
"We're from the department of Justice, and we're here to adjust the beds." Doug McKenzie (Dave Thomas,) Strange Brew
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

inkyatari

Quote from: abefroman329 on September 17, 2018, 04:34:06 PM
UHF

Ah-ha! ROAD MAPS!

Not a line, but a great exchange:

Al: I need a drink
Bob: But you don't drink.
Al: I've been meaning to start.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

abefroman329

Quote from: inkyatari on September 19, 2018, 12:35:54 PM
Quote from: abefroman329 on September 17, 2018, 04:34:06 PM
UHF

Ah-ha! ROAD MAPS!

Not a line, but a great exchange:

Al: I need a drink
Bob: But you don't drink.
Al: I've been meaning to start.
Or the blind man trying to solve the Rubik's cube:

Is this it?
NOPE!
Is this it?
NOPE!
Is this it?
NOPE!

sparker

Memorable stuff from Blazing Saddles:

TAGGART (upon encountering LePetomane Thruway tollbooth out in the middle of nowhere):  "Somebody go back and get a shitload of dimes!"

And -- the most memorable line not to have made it into the film's final cut:  it's stuck after the late great Madeline Kahn's "Lili von Schtupp's" line as she's completing the seduction of Sheriff Bart:  "It's twue -- it's twue!".  The scene fades to black and you hear "mmmm" noises before Bart delivers the punch line:

"I'm sorry to disillusion you, ma'am, but you're sucking on my arm!"  :-D

Instead, the film cut directly to the breakfast scene afterwards where Von Schtupp is serving huge sausages to Bart. 

Mel Brooks' account of how he came to cut the line can be found at:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mel-brooks-cut-just-one-joke-blazing-saddles-being-racy-1017404

jakeroot

My favorite Blazing Saddles quote is undoubtedly Bart's line when he walks into town:

"Excuse me while I whip this out"

It's memorable enough that it's often heard as a notification sound on mobile phones.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.