News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Oklahoma 251B, 251C, 251D and 251E

Started by bugo, December 28, 2018, 04:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

I discovered this highway while checking out some old Wagoner County, Oklahoma maps. This is SH 251D. It has four termini, much like the infamous OK 77S. I also discovered a SH 251B, SH 251C and SH 251E along with the extant SH 251A. The funny thing is that not only do these connect to SH 251, but there is no SH 251 and there likely never was one. These highways were mostly access roads for Fort Gibson Lake.

Scott5114

Wacky! At least we know where 251A came from. Is that map available online? Would be useful for adding the 251 family to Wikipedia.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

bugo

bugo

I added a very short OK 33A that ran in front of what is now the BOK Center in downtown Tulsa that I discovered to the OK 33 Wikipedia page.

bugo

I found another long defunct Oklahoma state highway that had 3 ends: OK 37A. It ran along S Council Rd and SW 119th Street near the OKC airport. The highway junctioned with itself at 119th and Council. I'm too lazy to do any research into what years this highway existed but it was there in 1956.

bugo

Look what popped up on Google Maps. I wonder if one of the editors saw this thread. Whoever did it missed OK 251B. Only one fork of each alignment is marked as a state highway, and OK 251E is shown not connecting to the rest of the state highway system. They got this one badly wrong.

Scott5114

Either way, decommissioned highways shouldn't be on Google Maps. I'd be pretty pissed if I was trying to stay at Flat Rock Creek and driving around looking for 251E.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.