US 53 Falls-to-Falls Corridor

Started by TheHighwayMan3561, February 03, 2009, 10:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHighwayMan3561

Aside from my thought that this is the dumbest name for a high-priority corridor in existence, does anybody know an approximate time frame for it (if at all) being completed in Minnesota? Currently the US 53 expressway ends just north of MN 169 where it becomes a 2-lane road (about 90 miles from International Falls). An interchange at MN 169 was built in the last couple years as well.

There's some resentment (per AARoads) about this project; some don't think the work is needed, others don't want their businesses bypassed. What do you guys think?
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

TheHighwayMan3561

I never said the name didn't make sense, I just don't like it. It makes a lot of sense to me too, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.  :nod:
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

leifvanderwall

If it is built, I think it should be an I-39 extension. I recently suggested that Interstate 39 should put onto the US 53 freeway in Wisconsin and if the rest of 53 is turned into interstate standard it would be an excellent route from Madison to International Falls.

SSOWorld

There isn't enough traffic in SW Wisconsin along that corridor to warrant a freeway.

EDIT: this may or may not be mentioned before, but a project is underway to expand 20 miles of US 53 N of Virginia (MN) to 4-lane.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.