News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Snowstorms in NC, SC, and GA

Started by KCRoadFan, January 16, 2022, 11:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tolbs17

When a freezing rain storm kicks in this is what you'll see...

hotdogPi

Around here, snowstorms cause the entire traffic map to become orange.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

tolbs17

Quote from: 1 on February 07, 2022, 08:28:36 AM
Around here, snowstorms cause the entire traffic map to become orange.
Yeah, and currently the Triad is experiencing an ice storm right now, and traffic is still green in some areas.

1995hoo

Heh, I remember during the so-called "Blizzard of 1996," the roads in Durham (other than those on Duke University property) didn't get plowed for weeks because the county's one snowplow broke down. I was driving and I slid off Morreene Road outside the housing project and wound up paying two of the residents $20 to push me back onto the road (no damage to the car, thankfully).

Duke played a home basketball game a day or two after that storm and it was the emptiest you'll ever see Cameron Indoor Stadium. Only three members of the pep band were there (a drummer, a guy with a flute, and I don't remember what the other guy played), yet they played all the usual songs anyway. Even the refs and the coaches couldn't help but laughing at the absurdity of that situation.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.