News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Old US 22 - Cresson to Hollidaysburg, PA - sign question

Started by M3100, November 18, 2020, 12:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M3100

I drove this route years ago, to see the Allegheny Portage Railroad site and the now abandoned Conrail (Pennsylvania RR) MuleShoe Curve bridge.  I don't recall if the route had any signs marking is as "Historic US 22", though I think its name is 'Old Route 22'.

Are there any organizations that post historic highway route signs in this area (similar to US 66, US 99, etc.)?

Alps

I haven't seen them in PA. California is the most active in this regard.

Bitmapped

Quote from: M3100 on November 18, 2020, 12:22:18 AM
I drove this route years ago, to see the Allegheny Portage Railroad site and the now abandoned Conrail (Pennsylvania RR) MuleShoe Curve bridge.  I don't recall if the route had any signs marking is as "Historic US 22", though I think its name is 'Old Route 22'.

Are there any organizations that post historic highway route signs in this area (similar to US 66, US 99, etc.)?

There are no Historic US 22 signs here. I don't think I've seen anything like that in PA period, although there is signage for the old routes of the Lincoln Highway and National Road.

In Cambria County, the road goes by Admiral Peary Highway. Old US 22 is used on the Blair County portion.

BrianP

The closest thing would probably be the local chapter of the Lincoln Highway Association:
https://palincolnhighway.org/

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.