News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Good Sports Car Roads (from West Coast thread)

Started by Alps, April 10, 2009, 09:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

Where are your favorite sports-car driving roads in the Northeast?  Here's some I came up with...

US 6/202 on the east side of Bear Mountain Bridge if you can get there at 5:30 AM on a summer Sunday.  You get to see the sun rise from the vista on top of a few miles of glorious ups, downs, and squiggles.  Don't go during the day because it's clogged with slow trucks and other downers.

I discovered I like back-country farm roads.  A lot of the southern DE State Roads fit that bill - you can go 70-80 mph and then slam on your brakes for a turn, go zig-zagging through the farms.  There are some in western NJ like Sarepta Rd. (upper or lower) where the vertical bumps are just as unpredictable as the horizontal bumps.  I don't even drive a sports car, but I love to drive like I do.

Finally, PA 154 if you want to drive an entire route with nonstop fun.

njroadhorse

In western Passaic County and northern Morris County NJ, there are a lot of good drag strip/racing roads like Clinton Road in Oak Ridge, and Cannistear Road in West Milford.
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.