News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

NFL 2010

Started by golden eagle, September 14, 2010, 12:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgb191

For once in franchise history, I wish my Houston Texans could be close to a full, healthy lineup, but I can only dream.  It's not looking good for tomorrow's game....Williams, Johnson, Jones, and Ward are all doubtful to play.  We will be without Grossman and Bentley.  The only consolation is we'll finally have Brian Cushing back.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Tom

Well, I see the Detroit Lions finally won a game. :coffee:

mgk920

Quote from: Tom on October 11, 2010, 05:19:30 PM
Well, I see the Detroit Lions finally won a game. :coffee:

AND, the Viqueens are now 1-3!!!!

:clap: :nod:

:cheers:

Mike

mightyace

With no teams at 5-0 and only 4 teams at 4-1.  The late Pete Roselle's parity dream has returned with a vengeance!
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

jgb191

Another thrilling comeback victory for my Houston team this season, coming back from 14 points down to keep our season still afloat heading into our off week.  We are 4-2 now, which is our best six-game start in Texans history.  Scary situation with DeMeco Ryans, hopefully he can recover and be alright.

We have a great group of players I wouldn't trade for anybody else in the world! The Matt Schaub-to-Andre Johnson connection continues to come up huge for us; Arian Foster, Derrick Ward, and Owen Daniels giving our offense a major boost.  Mario Williams and Brian Cushing doing their thing on defense; everyone else on my Houston Texans contributing!  Last but not least, coach Gary Kubiak leading our way!  You guys are doing great -- let's keep it going! :clap:

Hot Rod Hootenanny

With Dull-ass quiting early again tonight. Why is Wade Phillips still the HC for the Cowboys?
I'll be honest, as an Eagles fan, I like seeing Dallas lose. But, there's part of me that wants a competative opponent, not someone who rolls over and plays dead. :ded:
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

jgb191

I disagree, it's always fun to see that good-for-nothing, overrated football franchise supposedly called the Cowboys get their butts kicked on national television.

It's even sweeter to see them lose more fans bunch by bunch.

mgk920

And see them lose like that to America's REAL teamâ„¢!!!

:clap:  :hyper:  :-D

:cheers:

Mike

Mr_Northside

I'm just glad to hear all of that talk about being the first Super Bowl team to play at home silenced.
It will be nice to see 2 other teams enjoying playing in Jerry Jones' new playground in February.
I don't have opinions anymore. All I know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything

jgb191

Quote from: mgk920 on November 08, 2010, 01:59:08 AM
And see them lose like that to America's REAL teamâ„¢!!!

I just hate the whole title of "America's Team".  

Being a Texas native (born and raised), I've had no rooting interest for or against the Cowboys franchise; I've simply become tired of their very existence.  All the hype and talk of them repulsed me away throughout my life and never gained much football interest (until the Houston Texans arrived).  They've always been overhyped, overrated, and over-loved in my eyes.

And I'm glad I didn't grow up to become a Cowboys fan.  They've turned into a circus.

Having said all that, I really do feel for the good people up in Dallas/Fort Worth.  They deserve a more respectable NFL franchise than the overrated Cowboys.  I've always wished the Cowboys disappear and they get a new franchise that wasn't so over the top.

For those Cowboys fans outside the Dallas Metroplex and outside Texas in general (and there are probably more number of them outside Texas than here in the state), I don't feel for them.  I don't know why or how they became Cowboys fans, or how the Cowboys fan base grew way out of proportions.

BigMattFromTexas

I've grown up a Cowboys fan. I really don't care about the NFL, I prefer college football, and my college team isn't even gettin' it done... But being a 'boys fan I'm glad Phillips is gone.. I mean the franchise is worth 1.6 BILLION dollars.. We should be like the Yankees of football, man...
BigMatt

mightyace

I didn't get to see it live, but I saw the highlights on SportsCenter.

How about those Eagles?  Down 21 points with 8:17 to go in the 4th quarter and they win by 7!!!!!

WOW!  :wow: :jumping:

Michael in Philly

Quote from: mightyace on December 20, 2010, 02:13:35 AM
I didn't get to see it live, but I saw the highlights on SportsCenter.

How about those Eagles?  Down 21 points with 8:17 to go in the 4th quarter and they win by 7!!!!!

WOW!  :wow: :jumping:

I missed it, but I keep seeing highlights.  (On Morning Joe as I type....)  I haven't been paying attention to football lately - baseball's my sport and it's good here the last few years - but I was at my parents' for the first hour of the game and they had it on - Dad's a Giants fan - so I thought I might as well listen to it in the car.  Changed the station at some point in the fourth quarter when the Eagles (some locals pronounce it Iggles) went down by three touchdowns and the WYSP announcer said that oughta do it.

I was then ought of range of Philadelphia stations for a while - only a roadgeek would go from Union County, N.J., to Philadelphia by using 78, 81, 83, 695, Md. 147 and US 1, just 'cause I felt like a drive - so I knew nothing until I got an "in case you haven't heard...." on 'YSP around 8:00.

RIP Dad 1924-2012.

Michael in Philly

First Cliff Lee, now this? It's so, so tragic when New York doesn't get what it's expecting. Angels weep; God sheds a tear.
Hence overreactions like this absurd front-page article in the New York Times last Wednesday about the sheer inconceivability of someone's choosing some place else over New York:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/15/nyregion/15snub.html

And then there's this:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/19/sports/19rivalry.html?_r=1&src=me&ref=sports
RIP Dad 1924-2012.

mightyace

Meanwhile in Ketchuptown, the Jets won in Pennsylvania for the first time EVER 22-17.  Before yesterday's game, the jets were 0-7 in Pittsburgh and 0-4 in Philly.

Charto911

all I know is I feel bad for the Giants fans after the Eagles game yesterday.
all about roads, highways, interstates, and offering a free pick for you sports fans out there.

mgk920

Quote from: Charto911 on December 20, 2010, 12:43:21 PM

That game also made last night's Packers at Patriots game irrelevant in the Packers' playoff hunt - win the next two games and they are in as second wild-card.

Also, the NFC-West - NO TEAM that has not won more games that they have lost should make the playoffs  :no: and with the division-leading Rams now having 8 losses (6-8, best possible record 8-8/0.500) should have been eliminated from playoff contention with a third wild-card going instead and the seeding adjusted accordingly.

:poke:

Mike

mightyace

Quote from: Charto911 on December 20, 2010, 12:43:21 PM

Here is a picture of the worlds smallest violin playing for the Giants fans  :-(:

Do you see it?

PAHighways

Quote from: mightyace on December 20, 2010, 11:18:43 AMMeanwhile in Ketchuptown, the Jets won in Pennsylvania for the first time EVER 22-17.  Before yesterday's game, the jets were 0-7 in Pittsburgh and 0-4 in Philly.

Ketchuptown is a new one...oh, and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: PAHighways on December 20, 2010, 06:11:17 PM
Quote from: mightyace on December 20, 2010, 11:18:43 AMMeanwhile in Ketchuptown, the Jets won in Pennsylvania for the first time EVER 22-17.  Before yesterday's game, the jets were 0-7 in Pittsburgh and 0-4 in Philly.

I'm going to borrow mightyace's world smallest violin for this as well.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

PAHighways

Quote from: Adam Smith on December 20, 2010, 09:31:24 PM
Quote from: PAHighways on December 20, 2010, 06:11:17 PM
Quote from: mightyace on December 20, 2010, 11:18:43 AMMeanwhile in Ketchuptown, the Jets won in Pennsylvania for the first time EVER 22-17.  Before yesterday's game, the jets were 0-7 in Pittsburgh and 0-4 in Philly.

I'm going to borrow mightyace's world smallest violin for this as well.

Fine, I will just break out more BOOs as well.  *ahem*...me me ME ME ME me meeeeee...BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Even with a loss, we're still in the playoffs.

PAHighways

rickmastfan67

Alps

At the end of the 4:15 game (Giants-Green Bay) they were saying "Depending on what happens in Tuesday night's Eagles game" and I was so confused because I never remembered there being a Tuesday game in the NFL.  Then 660 carried Giants postgame chat for hours and never aired the Sunday night game, and I was even more confused.  The announcers should have said at least twice (and may never have said at all) that the Sunday night game no longer existed.

rawmustard

Quote from: AlpsROADS on December 27, 2010, 06:34:13 AM
At the end of the 4:15 game (Giants-Green Bay) they were saying "Depending on what happens in Tuesday night's Eagles game" and I was so confused because I never remembered there being a Tuesday game in the NFL.  Then 660 carried Giants postgame chat for hours and never aired the Sunday night game, and I was even more confused.  The announcers should have said at least twice (and may never have said at all) that the Sunday night game no longer existed.

The announcement of the postponement was made just before the 1:00 games. They must've assumed 95% or more of NFL fans found out at that time. It'll be interesting to see what kind of number that game pulls considering it's the first Tuesday game since 1946. :-o

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.