News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

NFL Playoffs 2012

Started by Roadmaestro95, January 06, 2012, 11:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

You definitely get Game 2. So we're even going into tomorrow. We have the same teams, different scores.

kurumi

Quote from: The Situation™ on January 14, 2012, 02:29:56 AM
Quote from: kurumi on January 10, 2012, 02:22:11 PM
49ers 24, Saints 21
This low-scoring mudball game will still feel like a shootout. Brees forces a couple of plays and is made to pay for it. His 3 TDs are all from outside the red zone. SF scoring is: Akers FG, Akers FG, Davis 7 run, Akers PAT, A. Smith 3 run, Crabtree 2pt Conv, Akers FG
Low scoring? With these teams? I know the Niners have a vaunted defense, but this is Drew Freakin Brees. 49ers 37, Saints 34 - it may come down to a missed FG late to tie.

I tip my hat to you ... predicted 37-34, actual 36-32. Off by a total of three points!
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Alps

Quote from: kurumi on January 15, 2012, 12:17:42 AM
Quote from: The Situation™ on January 14, 2012, 02:29:56 AM
Quote from: kurumi on January 10, 2012, 02:22:11 PM
49ers 24, Saints 21
This low-scoring mudball game will still feel like a shootout. Brees forces a couple of plays and is made to pay for it. His 3 TDs are all from outside the red zone. SF scoring is: Akers FG, Akers FG, Davis 7 run, Akers PAT, A. Smith 3 run, Crabtree 2pt Conv, Akers FG
Low scoring? With these teams? I know the Niners have a vaunted defense, but this is Drew Freakin Brees. 49ers 37, Saints 34 - it may come down to a missed FG late to tie.

I tip my hat to you ... predicted 37-34, actual 36-32. Off by a total of three points!

Yeah, well look at the second game. Even a blind nut gets eaten by a squirrel sometimes.

Roadmaestro95

I was off by a touchdown by the Broncos...but it didn't matter anyway. Brady is just too good.
I cannot wait for this afternoon's game though. First time in NFL history that 2 super bowl mvps are versing each other for the first time in the playoffs.
Hope everyone is safe!

Alps

You said 16-6, I said 23-10, final score 20-13. Call it a draw. It all hinges on the next game.

WillWeaverRVA

Packers got absolutely destroyed. Unless the Ravens win next week, the Patriots probably have the Super Bowl in the bag.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Beltway

Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on January 15, 2012, 08:11:58 PM
Packers got absolutely destroyed. Unless the Ravens win next week, the Patriots probably have the Super Bowl in the bag.

What happened to Green Bay?  A 15-1 team losing at home against a 9-7 team?
http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

Takumi

Quote from: Beltway on January 15, 2012, 08:35:32 PM

It seemed like they just gave up after a certain point. It was a great game for awhile.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

route56

Quote from: Roadmaestro95 on January 14, 2012, 09:54:20 PM
I'm 1 for 1 on picks, not scores. But it looks like game two is going my way

Your final score for the weekend is .750 on picks. Any predictions on conference finals?
Peace to you, and... don't drive like my brother.

R.P.K.

Beltway

Quote from: Takumi on January 15, 2012, 09:13:21 PM
Quote from: Beltway on January 15, 2012, 08:35:32 PM

It seemed like they just gave up after a certain point. It was a great game for awhile.

Overconfidence?  Looking past the Giants to the NFC Championship game?
http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

Roadmaestro95

four for four...and I think its going to be super bowl 42 all over again!
Hope everyone is safe!

Roadmaestro95

Already making picks for next weekends games!
Giants 31 49ers 14
Something tells me that Alex Smith is going to be pressured all day and make plenty of mistakes and the Giants will force at least 4 turnovers which they can convert into points. The defense played extremely well (only giving up 20 points where the Pack would normally score 35...big difference) and although Rodgers kept getting first downs, they could not catch the football nor hold on to it in the most crucial moments for them to win the game. The offense...ELIte Eli is playing his best football at this point of the season and he was flawless (except for that one interception that Nicks did not follow his route). Hakeem Nicks is becoming a star during the playoffs and it is great that Manning has a four-core wide receiving group he can throw to (Ballard or a RB, Nicks, Cruz, and Manningham). The Giants are probably the most dangerous team in the NFL right now and they have blown out two great squads already in the playoffs. Expect it to continue into San Fran.
Patriots 38 Ravens 35
This game is going to go down to the end. It is going to be one of the best offenses in the league (the Pats) against one of the best defenses out there (the Ravens). Brady has been unstoppable with his passing to Gronkowski and Welker and his new "runningback" Hernandez...their Tight End. However, the Raven D is going to provide a tough challenge with their ability to pressure and create turnovers. Their will be plenty of turnovers on the Patriot side, however, there will probably be none on the Raven side. The Patriot defense is a bit weak when it comes to the run game and the passing game (they were the worst defense in the AFC coming into the playoffs). Yes, they played very well against the Broncos...but they were the Broncos and most of the plays made on defense were mistakes made by a young unknowing Tebow playing/praying Quarterback. This will be a game that will go down to the wire and I think Joe Flacco and the Ravens will give them a fight by tying the game with 2 minutes left to spare. Then, Brady will drive them down the field to within field goal range and they will kick themselves into the Super Bowl.
Hope everyone is safe!

Alex

Quote from: Roadmaestro95 on January 15, 2012, 10:38:38 PM

Hopefully it will be Super Bowl XXXV all over again.  ;-)  :-D

SSOWorld

Quote from: Alex on January 16, 2012, 12:06:46 PM
Quote from: Roadmaestro95 on January 15, 2012, 10:38:38 PM

Hopefully it will be Super Bowl XXXV all over again.  ;-)  :-D
I am for Super Bowl Harbaugh with John beating Jim.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Mr_Northside

Since the AFC representative in the Super Bowl is either gonna be Baltimore or New England (It's a damn shame there is no way for both teams to somehow lose next week....), I'm gonna have to pull for whichever NFC team makes it to the Super Bowl, though I don't much care which one makes it.
I don't have opinions anymore. All I know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything

akotchi

I'd like to see a brother vs. brother matchup in the Super Bowl, though the coaching matchup might have to wait until next season's Pro Bowl . . .
Opinions here attributed to me are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer or the agencies for which I am contracted to do work.

PAHighways

I am pulling for the Giants, not only because I don't want to see the 49ers tie the Steelers with another Lombardi nor see either the Ravens or Patriots raise another, but the Maras and Rooneys are related.

kurumi

I'd be happiest with SF/NE (could sit back and enjoy the game, either outcome is good); Harbowl would be entertaining as well.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Alps

Quote from: Roadmaestro95 on January 16, 2012, 10:34:57 AM
Already making picks for next weekends games!
Giants 31 49ers 14
Patriots 38 Ravens 35
I pick the exact opposite of these results. Scores, forget it. 49ers 20 Giants 10, Ravens 20 Cheaters 17.

Roadmaestro95

Its funny my team is never picked to win and they actually win...
Hope everyone is safe!

Roadmaestro95

Yea...I was right...Pats and GIANTS. Who woulda thot after the mid-season "collapse"?
Hope everyone is safe!

DeaconG

I wonder if the Ravens kicker has entered Witness Protection yet...
Dawnstar: "You're an ape! And you can talk!"
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"
-Crisis On Infinite Earths #2

Takumi

At least someone's kicker can make a close field goal. (Guess which team I root for.)
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.